Another productive day...

ALPINE

Yes its diesel, now cry u lost
Reaction score
Today i been a busy bee. That gap between my new facelift lights was annoyong me so that has been sorted, I also fitted a Forge 007, (my car now sneazes on gear change and not flutter) It was deffo my old DV at fault as i use to only read -10psi on tick over. i now have -30, the boost is now sharp and stays there till red line. I fitted a new Genuine MAF, and new Tie rod ends! My nasty clonking noise has gone and my wifty steering has gone. I also raised the front end a tad, its much more softer and user friendly now. Thing is how i wanted it after all that other bush work i done a few weeks ago!

Happy bunny.. car feel like a little rocket now. cant wait till i get my R-tech! :)

Today i been a busy bee. That gap between my new facelift lights was annoyong me so that has been sorted, I also fitted a Forge 007, (my car now sneazes on gear change and not flutter) It was deffo my old DV at fault as i use to only read -10psi on tick over. i now have -30, the boost is now sharp and stays there till red line. I fitted a new Genuine MAF, and new Tie rod ends! My nasty clonking noise has gone and my wifty steering has gone. I also raised the front end a tad, its much more softer and user friendly now. Thing is how i wanted it after all that other bush work i done a few weeks ago!

Happy bunny.. car feel like a little rocket now. cant wait till i get my R-tech! :)

interesting , mine shows - 11psi on a liquid guage at tickover, maybe i have something wrong? i just put it down to it been an electronic guage rather than proper vacuum

a few of my Golf pals have R-Techs and also recomendations on here. I was on the phone to nick i think (cant really remember name) for a good while a couple of weeks ago. they seem interested in what i want rather than Maxing out my weeny little turbo for max gains. Reliability and power is what im after. And if i honest R-tech are the only company that i have never heard a bad word against.

Cant wait for my redundancy money!! bring on the toys!

Good job Alpine, what made you go for R-tech over others?

To be honest man, going on currently reviews, and taking price into account, there isn't really any other sensible option!

The only other place I'd consider for maps would be Bill, as he has such a vast knowledge of BT conversions and hybrids and such like.

Got choice alpine, I'm getting my new motor mapped at Rtech on saturday!

was a bit of pi$$ mate. mine were seized onto the hub so i got the oxi set out!! that got the bastids off!! took all of about 10 mins on a ramp. :)

nice one prawn. i like ya new motor BTW, nice color.

Really Tim? I wouldn't give it a second thought!

CC2 is a generic map written about 5 years ago to suit a golf with a turbo back exhaust and FMIC

Rtech is a proper custom map suited ot your car, dyno'd, then tweaked to get the absolute best from it, all for just £300.

I've heard so many horror stories about JBS simply saying 'your car is broken, we can't map it' over really simple easy to fix faults

When I was having issues with my cc2 setup, I went straight to James silverstone, owner of JBS and custom code, and found his thoroughly un helpful, incredibly defensive about his mapping and his dealers at the time, saying that I didn't know what I was talking about and that the independant that told me the car was running very dangerously were simply jealous of his business (despite said company not being able to map my car further)

I ended up taking it BACK to the CC dealer that mapped it, who confirmed it was running dangerously, and eventually, after several hours diagnosis, the issue was found to be a failling fuel pump. Whilst this wasn't the fault of the map, the dealer should have logged fuelling before giving ym car back to notice it was running dangerously.

JBS simply didn't give a ****.

Similarly, I've heard stories of Rtech spending all day chasing faults on customers cars to get them sorted, then mapping cars into the early hours of the evening to ensure the customers arn't dissapointed.

I honestly wouldn't even give it a second thought Tim

well the difference is £100 between them.... my thoughts were based around my experience with them and 'James'...but then ive never had any major issues, and any faults have been well received

will be doing this after our hols so can get your thoughts on the map...... only thing that put me off R tech was the chap gloating how good they were against CC's spikey map, this puzzled me as my CC map is anything but spikey which to me showed ignorance

oh and the before and after RR is intriguing the misus, even if it is a lottery ;)

be interesting to ya see what ya think doood

i think all companys have there good and bad points. all word of mouth and different people handle different problems in different ways.

I been doing a lot of research into who does what as i can only afford to do this once. so... i need the right people to do it. For me, R-tech suit my wallet and performance needs.

I value word of mouth alot over numbers and adverts etc. :)

this is a neutral comment and im taking sides of no one :)

custom code phase 1 is famous for being very smooth, I'll agree there 100%

My experience of CC2 is that's it's MUCH more aggressive and spikey, especially on the ko3s cars, so perhaps that's what Nick was referring to?

my cc2 map was anything but smooth when Storm first did it, it was peaking 24psi with 290lbft, and was almost undriveable it was so brutal, and ran out of power before 5k like a soot chucker.

Boost wound down to 20psi it's much better and pulls all the way through

if thats the case Nick then im sold bro..... we defo want a smooth delivery due to it being 2wd...... report back both of ya's ;)