Another Newbie but with a story :)

Ryan_815

Reaction score
Hi All, :sign imnew:
Well I have been wanting to sign up here for a while, but had been holding out unti I had actually bought an Audi. But after today, I felt as though I had to :)

Cut a long story short, I have been on the hunt for an S3 8P for a while now. But only been in a position this past month or so to buy one. I went to view one back in May and it has now been moved to a dealer which is a little closer to me, so I thought i'd go an see it again and take it for a spin.

Well I got there and I couldnt find it anywhere, a salesperson kindly directed me to the car but it had no rims. Yup, some low lifes had stolen all 4 wheels and removed both wing mirrors :sign omg: while it was on a dealers forecourt. The RNSE was still there to my surprise.

The car had been jacked upon the small jacks from the boot, and it must have fallen over at as the sidesill was resting on the jack. I couldnt make out if there was any damage to the discs or anything as the sales person was abit cautious of me going towards to it. To say I was shocked was an understatement. I did actually leave my number as I thought a deal could be had depending on what is replaced ....

I was pretty gutted as well as I was really looking forward to taking it out :sign unfair:

There was also a clio sport which had the same treatment, all 4 wheels gone.

So ye, I was planning to sign up when I had bought one but now I'm here.

Hello everyone! Such an awesome forum full of friendly people and some cracking cars.

Thanks
Ryan
PS sorry for long post

Hi Ryan, welcome to audi-sport.net. So you now just waiting to see what price dealer comes back with? Happy to hear you like the forum. :)

Thank you for the welcome :)

I told them to give me a call when they have done the car then I will take it for a test drive and see where we go from there. They did say they'd have to wait for the police before they did anything with the car.

There are other cars I have seen out there, so its no biggy. Was just convenient being this close to me

Ryan, go test drive as many different cars as you can while you waiting. Check out the specs and try get as much extras as you can within your budget.

HI Ryan think I would walk away from this one ,their is more out their ,but its your choice and cash ,
It took me 2 years to find my last car in the rite spec ect , but on the other hand if you can cut a deal ,just remember they you need you more than you need them , you say you aren't far away , well if you buy it will they be back as they must be local ,
I think the dealer is stalling you as he is claiming of his insurance ,

thanks for all the replies.

Ye i think i will stay away, there are a few cars that I have seen tbh, but some of them are a fair drive away. Going to arrange a test drive for this weekend I think.

Happy that i joined this forum though. I was a member of astra owners clubs years ago and it was the best thing i did. The wealth of advice and everyone was so friendly it was brilliant. I think this forum will be the same if not better :p

I am in no immediate rush to buy a car, my current astra is serving me fine and I will enjoy my 45-50mpg while i can lol.

Reactions: GAS MONKEY
Your story doesn't surprise me tbh.
Most of the dealers I've been into over the years, keep the S3's out of sight and it's only this year that my insurance company hasn't insisted on a tracker.
I wouldn't be put off though, even with the one you were looking at. It'll have 4 new wheels and tyres for a kick off.
I would say a garage at home is essential though. Even if the 8P is ageing a little now, there are plenty of S3 wannabes out there looking for cheap parts.
Cracking cars though with plenty of tuning options

Welcome mate shop around for your Audi baby.