Another new one from Aberdeen

A3-Liam

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am soon to be the new owner of an A3 1.8t quattro 8l. Really cant wait to pick it up as I have always wanted one of these cars and after a bad experience going to buy one down in London a few years back it sort of put me off for a while. That and a bank drain in the form of a pulsar gti-r.

The car I am getting does have a couple of issues. There are small rust patches on the bottom of both the doors. Common on these cars so I have heard. The traction control light is also permanently on but have been told it is the fault code for the lateral sensor that is the culprit when tested. Just hope I dont end up forking out for a new haldex system!

I look forward to spending time researching through the forum and gaining experience........ and asking a million questions hahaha

Reactions: Sandra
Hi Liam, welcome to audi-sport.net. I will add you onto Scottish members list and leave you a link for the scottish meets section. Have a read of the faqs thread in the A3 8L section, lots of useful info in there. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Scotland

Hello and welcome Liam, get some pics up so I know who to be looki out for.

Reactions: Sandra
Thanks guys, yeah will get some pictures loaded up once I pick her up. And a few more once I get the rusty doors sorted :happy:

Thanks for the welcomes :happy:. Spent a small fortune on service parts, fluids and filters and haven't even picked the car up yet! Have gone with mobil super 3000 5w 40 and a k&n oil filter for the engine. After allot of research I am using oem 75w 90 for the gearbox and 75w 85 for the rear diff. It seems these boxes don't like GL-5 oil. Ordered some haldex fluid and a new filter and tool for it as well.

Thanks bud. Just out side Aberdeen actually, near kintore.

Picked up my A3 on Friday. Really happy with it but got a few issues that need to be sorted. Firstly when changing gear, especially on boost the revs rise slightly. Sounds like I am engaging the clutch slightly before letting off the throttle. Did a bit of research and it seems to be the clutch pedal sensor.

There is a knocking coming from the front left wheel when going over bumps so I am guessing a drop link, track rod or ball joint is to blame.

I have noticed the gearbox feels a bit notchy and thought that an oil change would sort it. I got all my oils from Audi. I noticed that the gearbox oil they gave me was a 75 80 and the diff oil was 75 90. I was under the impression that it was supposed to be the other way around?

Apart from the issues the car feels very nice to drive and a very nice colour as well! will get some pictures loaded up soon.

Thanks bud. Just out side Aberdeen actually, near kintore.

Welcome...Will probably see you kicking around, Originally from Inverurie.....in fact i move back there for in a couple weeks for a short while!

Yeah, you will more than likely see me kicking about. Seems to be quite a few guys from Aberdeen and the shire on this forum.

Here are some picks of my car. Still need to get the rust patches on the doors seen to. Any one know anywhere decent in and around Aberdeen to get it sorted?