Facelift Another month, another tyre.

Daniel Knight

Reaction score
Another tyre blew on me yesterday. Same issues as the others before it, the inside wall had worn down to the beading. My 6th, yes, 6th front tyre in 13 months. For added context my car has done 29K miles but this tyre issue is getting a little out of control now!

I'm off to Geneva on Friday, who knows, maybe I'll put a deposit down on an e-tron :)

Reactions: FBF01
That is disgraceful. What is going on?! Very poor from Audi.

I'd suggest you also contact What Car and Watchdog. If enough people log the issue with them, they'll run the story.

Reactions: Callump01
Absolutely terrible mate! Are you on the Pirelli R02's I take it? Have you had your alignment checked?

@AudiNutta

Last edited:
Add you name to the list and don’t hold your breath

Sold my RS3 last year and got 12k miles out of PZeros. Current S3 DD has 11k miles in similar 19 in wheels and outside edges on both fronts are quite low and will need changing soon. Not great really as mostly motorway driving. Are there better tyres? Do we need to stick to AO tyres?

Sold my RS3 last year and got 12k miles out of PZeros. Current S3 DD has 11k miles in similar 19 in wheels and outside edges on both fronts are quite low and will need changing soon. Not great really as mostly motorway driving. Are there better tyres? Do we need to stick to AO tyres?

Some (myself included) have switched to Michellin's until Pirelli kick their **** into gear. See here for my thoughts.

Reactions: RGBARGEE
it sounds like a serious miss-alignment issue ... surely ?

Wonder if it is 19s? I run standard 18s on my S3 and the wear has been totally even across three sets of tyres albeit switching front to back mid life. Never put Pirelli's on it though.

Regardless something seriously a miss somewhere with the OPs set up.

Fancy contributing to the tyre issue thread so yours can be highlighted also?

Those who have the issue need to pursue it, this one man game thing is difficult and I’m struggling to get anywhere without numbers.

Audi are a sack of you know what, Pirelli have and are continuing to be out of this world in doing everything they can to assist!

We need numbers!! We need people to call Audi UK, complain to their dealers and send their tyres off to Pirelli (don’t even have to send, get them to pick up)... or else there is zero hope.

Reactions: NevMan