Another modding day today :-)

Compkiler

Reaction score
H&R anti roll bars going on this morning as well as new performance brake pads :) (mine are at 10%)
Looking forward to having a little play later (safely)
Happy days!

Reactions: Smirky and S3Alex
Looks like a nice day for it too.

Which pads did you decide on?

I'll let ya know later once I've tried them out for a bit. Lol ;-)
Apparently can take around 1000 miles to bed in properly!
I'll then give you a full review!

Reactions: S3Alex
I'll let ya know later once I've tried them out for a bit. Lol ;-)
Apparently can take around 1000 miles to bed in properly!
I'll then give you a full review!

Tease,tease,tease.

Fit and enjoy,whatever they are.

I'm going nowhere this weekend,enjoying 3 days worth of bank holiday working.... :(

If it's any cancelation, I'm working tomorrow :-(
Good money tho and I have my little girl due on Thursday so gonna be a daddy :)

Reactions: Sandra, S3Alex and RedDejavu

Best wishes and I do hope everything goes well for you all on Thursday!

One little thing though.....I can promise you that baby honk changes a car completely.....for ever.

Reactions: Sandra
Haha thanks ;-)
Quick question, the hole closest to the bar out of the two is the hardest setting ye?

Best thing I have read all day. Hope everything goes smoothly with the birth. Your whole world will be turned upside down in a good way though. :) x

Yep I really can't wait now so many thanks :)
Having a little girl !! X

Reactions: Brennan and Sandra
Yep I really can't wait now so many thanks :)
Having a little girl !! X
Don't forget to keep us updated. Enjoy, yes there will be sleepless nights, but its so worth it. :) x

All the best for the new arrival. Having two girls with a big thumb print on my head I'll feel your future pain. :yahoo:

Right, my mates putting the front anti roll bar on attaching it to the further hole away from the bar! Is the the softest setting ye?

Right, my mates putting the front anti roll bar on attaching it to the further hole away from the bar! Is the the softest setting ye?

Yes.

Come on...get that car out on the road already.

Reactions: Compkiler
Yes.

Come on...get that car out on the road already.
I agree, last few days of spirited driving before the precious cargo arrives. :) x

Jesus the arbs have made the handling amazing lol.... well chuffed! Took a round a bout quite fast earlier, well a lot faster than i would normally and she just gripped and gripped like she just wanted to go faster! God knows what the limit would be on her???
I had esp on too btw...

Reactions: S3_Mat and s3_trev
Brakes seem fantastic tbh... i suppose time will tell with squeaks etc but so far they seem fantastic and thats without any bedding in atm...

Jesus the arbs have made the handling amazing lol.... well chuffed! Took a round a bout quite fast earlier, well a lot faster than i would normally and she just gripped and gripped like she just wanted to go faster! God knows what the limit would be on her???
I had esp on too btw...
Told you mate.
They make a massive difference, I fitted my rear H&R to mine the other day and it transforms cornering.

How does it ride on back roads (comfort wise)?

What pads did you opt for mate?

Not being funny but i just feel like im driving a 50+k car with the performance and handling now...
Its so understated its unreal :)
Think im gona be using a bit more fuel now though as i couldnt stop jut going for a drive earlier lol... was finding the twisties so much more fun!!

On the back roads now she just feels so planted its fantastic! Before i would wobble about a bit and it unnerved me a bit but now she just feels like she wants to go faster round the bends and grip :)

Reactions: Allman45 and s3_trev
If i tell you the make of the Brake pads, then Alex will disown me lol... I would imagine they have change materials etc since Alex tried them but they feel great and there quiet too with low brake dust :)

Reactions: S3Alex
If i tell you the make of the Brake pads, then Alex will disown me lol... I would imagine they have change materials etc since Alex tried them but they feel great and there quiet too with low brake dust :)

OK ....I can guess.

Brakes are like Marmite,and what I like others may hate,so as long as you like them,that's a good result.

I think i know what your talking about
Keep us posted on how you like them when you have them bed in

Have you felt any harshness after fitting the ARB's?

Ok drove to work this morning and the breakers feel great tbh, my old pads were worn quite bad at 10% so the difference is evident!
I will definitely let us know though how they are in a few weeks time!
As for the ride now and harshness, the rides great! Handles like she's on rails literally! I'm defjnately gonna have a track day now i think :)

Reactions: Mario8P and S3Alex
Ok drove to work this morning and the breakers feel great tbh, my old pads were worn quite bad at 10% so the difference is evident!
I will definitely let us know though how they are in a few weeks time!
As for the ride now and harshness, the rides great! Handles like she's on rails literally! I'm defjnately gonna have a track day now i think :)

Really pleased that you like the results.

Totally transforms the car....now...get the baby Recaro fitted.

Hehe Alex! I've just put the isofix base in lol

Been there....admittedly a few yrs back,and tried to put the memories of a baby going at all 3 ends at once out of my mind.....

Reactions: Allman45 and Compkiler
Compkiller how do you find the b14s?? And have you done all the bushes? Do h+r only for the one set of arbs ? I seen blue ones and black ones ?

Im not 100% sure how many different Arbs H&R do but i was told my the company i bought mine from that there is only one set.
Mine are black though.
As for the B14's, they are definitely stiff and the car does handle a lot better. I had AP coilovers before the Bilstein B14's and there were very smooth and comfy but a little to soft for me considering i wanted to go to stage 2+!
For me i wanted the car to feel like a sports car and not just a fast cruiser!
The main reason i changed from AP's tho is because i had a warranty issue where all 4 struts had leaked badly and i was getting a really bad knock over bumps. I only had them on for a few months and i had done 4k miles so they went back under warranty to be repaired.
Height wise, they both go low and sit exactly the same on my car.
I bought mine from an Ebay shop in Germany! ;-)

Hope this helps you or someone else out!

Reactions: Mario8P
Yeah that's where I saw them on eBay German shop,I'm thinking about getting coil overs and arbs as mine feels a bit wobbly/body roll on roundabouts etc gonna have to save for the super pro bushes to though as figure may aswell do the hole lot to save on labour,

It's definitely made a massive improvement ! Makes me wanna drive her more now lol
Not sure which bushes to go for tho in all fairness! Only one I have ATM is lower mount

Super pro do a hole set for like £540 fast road ones ,thinking extra power stiffer suspension will just kill the standard bushes ? I promised myself only gonna go stage 1 but think I was lying to myself :haha::whistle2:

Lol I dunno how much it works out as if u do em one by one when /if they fail meant to form the handling up too ,dunno if anyone on here runs them ?

Lol I dunno how much it works out as if u do em one by one when /if they fail meant to form the handling up too ,dunno if anyone on here runs them ?

If you mean the Superpro bushes...and the ALK

Yes to both......the bushes do help tighten things up a bit,and the ALK does help a bit too.
The entire kit isn't cheap,and I only had it done when the entire suspension was off the car,so it made it a worthwhile proposition.

The old ones were obviously mangled getting them off the car but even then you can see they aren't of the same quality.

Yeah I was going to get them done while having coil overs and arbs fitted,
What u mean by Alk ??yeah I can't imagin oem bushes being able to handle big hp and big torque as they weren't designed too in the first place ,think the kit I found has engine mount etc included

ALK = Anti lift kit.

Aids a little bit for traction,but no way near as much as an LSD.