Another DV Thread

Quattro_Lew

All Torque
Reaction score
just been reading the "knackered DV" thread and i think i have the same problem, when i release the accelerator theres a fluttery purring sort of noise, its been doing this since i got it last week and i thought it was supposed to make this noise but obviosly im wrong lol

is mine definately broken? the car does feel awfully laggy when i change to 3rd after a good go in 2nd.

what would be best to replace it? a standard bosch or an aftermarket one? does any aftermarket one actually improve lag at all?

cheers

and i thought it was turbo chatter... pmsl

are they easy enough to fit? ive only been an audi owner for a week, im officially a noob :)

What you hear is turbo chatter, It's the sound of the compressor stalling. Not good, unless you use a new turbo every rally.
Yes. The DV is very easy to replace.

theres a spot buy on the forum £75 they are aftermarket ones but ment toi be more reliable than the standard unit

that one is £80 + vat !

looking on their website that seems to be their cheapest one !

Secret Squirrel said:
That sounds like classic DV failure.
Get yourself a 06A 145 710 N, ~£17 from your dealer, last time I checked.

ive had a look on VAGparts and theres an OE dump valve with the code 06A 145 710 P, states its for all 1.8T engines would i be ok to get this?

have also found the part with N at the end for £15, which should i go for?

also would someone be kind enough to post up a pic with the DV circled? i think i know which it is but not 100% on it, noob alert :)

sorry to butt in but i have the same problem.

so am i right in saying if i invest in a new DV the problem will be solved coz i was thinking of getting a forge one...