Another DIS service question (sorry)

A3_TOBES

Reaction score
Apologies but I have another quick question re the next service on DIS. I mentioned yesterday that my DIS was informing me yesterday monrining of my next service being due in 28 days or 5800 miles. The car had been sitting for 2 days over the weekend and I yesterday drove the car for a gentle 9(ish) mile drive in the morning. Afterwards the car informed me of the service being due in 28 days and 5900 miles ? Pretty sure the miles info has increased by 100 miles ? Is this normal when counting down to the service and after a short(ish) gentle drive?

Thanks for any info in advance.

In my experience this is normal.

In the past I have been on a 40 mile gentle journey using cruise and the time to service has increased by 10 days! Which was nice lol

cdb2 said:
In my experience this is normal.

In the past I have been on a 40 mile gentle journey using cruise and the time to service has increased by 10 days! Which was nice lol

Ok thanks for that, just seemed strange as I thought that a short (9 mile-ish) journey whould have been worse for the car and would reduce the time until next service due. Maybe it took into consideration the car had not been driven for 2 days and the drive was a very gentle one? I believe the formula for the AVS calculations are very complex. Anyone else noticed their AVS increasing on a journey of this length?

That mileage seems high for just 28 days though. Mine was showing 28 days at the weekend and 1100 miles. Booked in for its first service this weekend.

benw123 said:
That mileage seems high for just 28 days though. Mine was showing 28 days at the weekend and 1100 miles. Booked in for its first service this weekend.

Should the 2 amounts be fairly relative then?

The AVS calculations really does seem to be a complex art? Would be interested in hearing if anyone else had had a similar 2 figures appear when their service was due (low days and high miles).

cheers

benw123 said:
I would expect them to be, because 5900 miles in 28 days is a hell of a lot of driving!

Anyone comment on this?

As mentioned in the other thread mine is 90 days or 10100 miles to 1st service. My mileage is low so I would expect it to be saying about 8000-9000 by the time it is due as the mileage doesn't appear to be the limiting factor on mine, the days will come first.

Hang on a sec - does the mileage shown mean the number of miles remaining until the service, or what the odometer will read when you're due for the service? I thought it was the former.

benw123 said:
Hang on a sec - does the mileage shown mean the number of miles remaining until the service, or what the odometer will read when you're due for the service? I thought it was the former.

I believe it to be the number of miles that can be driven until the next service is due.

Number of miles remaining to service afaik.

My mileage is about 5800 currently and showing 90 days or 10100 miles to 1st service. I would therefore estimate that when it says 1 day to next service it will be saying about 8000-9000miles to service unless the mileage countdown suddenly drops hugely to catch up with the days. As mentioned, the mileage to next service is irrelevant to me as I'll hit the days first anyway.

Checked mine this morning and it still reads 28 days and 1000 miles, which is about average mileage and what I'd expect to see.