Another day, another problem.....

Audiman99

Reaction score
Hello, I was driving the other day, and was reving her quite hard. As i went round a slight bend i heard something metallic bounce in the road! I assumed i had ran other a bit of metal so ignored it.

Was fine and dandy and parked up 5 mins later. Next day got in and theres a loud rattle coming from the exhaust/cat area at idle. The car struggles to rev and has lost almost all power! Also noticed black smoke sometimes when changing gear, the rattle is worse at higher revs than at low revs. Lastly theres no errors on dash.

Ive had a quick look under the car and everything seems fine, i cant see anything missing.

Any ideas?

Thanks guys

Allan

Dude, your engines fallen out!!! ;)

Not sure what it could be mate, might be worth getting it up on a ramp and if its smoking, it might be worth Vagcomming it to see if it brings up any errors.

I would get it to a mechanic ASAP and not drive it until you know what the problem is. For all we know, you might have serious damage to engine internals (without hearing the sound it's hard to know exactly what it is).

It could be that you did damage the underside/cat/sensor and car is in limp mode, but I guess, you'd have the dash light up like a christmas tree if that was the case.

I'd get it checked sharpish, or at least get it on the ramp and see what is going on under there.

Hi, i had no choice but to drive it to work today, was doing 40mph on the motorway, couldnt change lane as there was no power to overtake!!! Im fed up with this car now! Ive booked day off work so will check it out 2moro. thanks.

Let us know how you get on dude!!

A similar thing happened to my mate but hes got and 02plate sri vectra, the car wont rev past 3000rpm and theres just nothing there, turned out it was is cat, was f**k all there, bought it second hand cat and its fine now, just athought:shrug: