Another CGI of new RS4

kennylau

Reaction score
Difficult to give too much advice as its normally a case of how much money you want to spend and what colours you like but here goes.

1) With the E39 now being replaced I do not recommend you pay too much for an M5 as they will continue to depreciate at a faster than normal rate.

2) I would look for a nice low mileage 2001 model for under £35K with a full BMW warranty and Full Service History.

3) Colour wise the most popular are LeMansBlue or Carbon Black and for resale purposes Green and Red are most probably colours to avoid.

4) Dont think you need to go for an import to get a good deal as UK cars are pretty cheap. Would recommend dealer if poss or if you are p/xing but obviously private will be cheaper and as long as it has FBMWSH and BMW Warranty and you possibly get someone who knows about M5s to check it out you should be OK.

Hope it helps

JohnH,

Where are all these cars, I've been looking on autotrader/E&M/BMW/Upmystreet, and can't see many 2001 cars at all?

When I eventually go and see the dealre I'll take the wife and get her to do the haggling, don't think she'll be able to get 3K off the price, but she is very good at getting what she wants!

Really need to P/X and far easier and can't wait much longer for a beast of my own.

Thanks for all the advice guys.

Greg /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sunday Times motoring section - there is normally a few in there

Tim

Found this CGI on RS6.com and think it shows what the RS4 is likely to like to good effect. If it looks something like this, then I think we'll all be well pleased.

looks a bit weird to me- hope its not the finished version!

I reckon it looks good... very aggressive and meaningful...like its about to eat the car in front of it and spit it out the exhaust!

Rich

Saw this, which looks pretty accurate except that RS4 will probably have deeper sills under doors. Expect to see real thing early February.

Rear view, which is most important because this is just about the only aspect of the RS4 that most other drivers will see!

I think the front would grow on me, but the oder rear looks more aggressive which i like. Cut and shut anyone?!!!!

According to those that know, the CGI is right in concept but not quite right in execution. The front grille and bumper treatment will be less prounounced so that it looks more integrated and not quite so aggressive.

i thought the RS4 was already in pre-production...?? al la these pics taken at nurburg ring

rs246_norm_DSC01949.JPG

rs246_norm_DSC01950.JPG

rs246_norm_DSC01953.JPG

rs246_norm_DSC01981.JPG

All pics look spot-on! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif

Just got to win the lottery now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif