1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Help Please Another B8 Rusting on arches and on roof !

Leebroath May 5, 2018

1. weekenny

weekenny Registered User

Not sure what coatings are on them but the guy doing the inspection said all the B8’s do it and are the worst of the Audi’s for front arches.

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Lavis89

Lavis89 Well-Known Member Regional Rep

They are suspossed to be zinc coated, obviously the coating is either particularly thin at these points or something else is causing it to fail

4. weekenny

weekenny Registered User

Ok so Audi have approved the repair, if I pay 30% which is apparently ... £530 ish. Robbing gits.

5. CarbonMike

CarbonMike Registered User

Im certain the Audi UK website states its a £foc repair?!

I didnt/refused to pay a penny on my B7 when it had a new roof skin fitted.

6. weekenny

weekenny Registered User

You are correct it does state that, I emailed customer care last night quoting the website and asking them to review my claim.

7. weekenny

weekenny Registered User

Audi UK gave me some **** about needing a 2nd independent inspection. The only accpeted independent is a mob in Bristol. ****** that, it can stay rusty.

8. Lavis89

Lavis89 Well-Known Member Regional Rep

I'd fight it personally. Tell them you'll travel there providing they pay for your hotel & fuel once they've been found liable.

9. weekenny

weekenny Registered User

Apparently customer service don’t make the decision and the only way to move forward is to have the independent assessment done then pass it to customer services who pass it to the warranty dept. The assessment is at my cost even if they overturn the original decision.

10. SteveMcB

SteveMcB Registered User

Mine was assessed locally about 5 months ago, was told it should be a warranty job but, despite me phoning/emailing several times I'm still waiting on a decision (or any feedback whatsoever) from Audi. Absolute joke.