Another aftermarket stereo question. Bose - Alpine...

Ashley g

Reaction score
Just been fitting My alpine head unit, in favour of the old Concert CD (Bose)
I couldn't find a switched live feed. Does anyone know which wire this should be? I tried with my test light but could only find a permanent live, so now the alpine won't turn off with the key..

Another question, do I need an aerial adapter? I've plugged the aerial in but have no reception. There is another plug that comes off the aerial loom, which plugged into the original stereo, but of course nowhere for it to go on the alpine.
If anyone has a link to the adapter I need that would be a big help!

I've used the connects 2 CT51-AU01

Cheers in advance, Ash

If you have full Bose then you need the Autoleads PC9-410. I know this because i just done my sound install.

No there is no switched live at the HU, the facelift 8L's all use the CANBUS to tell the HU when to go on/off. You need to run a separate feed from the fusebox as the feed is still there just not wired up. It's fuse labelled Radio S-Kont, just make sure you tap the cold side (the side protected by the fuse) and then you don't need to wire in a separate fuse. This feed gives you a proper accessory feed that stays live until you pull the keys out, just like the concert. Or you can waste £60 on a CANBUS emulator

Yep, I believe it's full Bose. The head unit says Bose when you turn it on and all the speakers are Bose.

Cheers or the info AndyMac. I'll do this at the weekend. Is it just a case of removing the drivers side lower dash to get at the back of the fusebox?
Any ideas on the aerial? I presume it needs a feed or a convertor?