Annoying vibration between 3000/3300RPM

QuestMS

Reaction score
Website
www.questmotorsport.co.uk
Hi all

Has anyone with a relentless manifold fitted noticed any engine vibration being transmitted inside the car? I have got a fairly substantial vibration occurring between 3000 & 3300 RPM. It only started since I fitted the v3 and made a 3" downpipe. Downpipe has plenty of clearance everywhere, no loose bolts (got the ump having to tighten them so lockwired) . Just wanted to see if anyone else experienced this or if I have a another underlying problem, just a coincidence it was after installing the v3 etc. I promise these relentless related questions will stop soon : / lol

Yes with a v2, although I think the d.p is rubbing somewhere. But it has been there since fitting the manifold.

These manifolds are so flimsy I reckon it's the extra movement that's allowed compared to what you would get with a cast manifold. I am using a powerflex lower engine mount bush too, which would probably help transmit the extra vibration back through the chassis. I take it you had to manoeuvre the heat shield further back to the bulkhead to give clearance? Mine is pretty much up against the aluminium pipes as I fitted the manifold without removing the head