Annoying rattle of seatbelt against seat

Jay Be

Reaction score
Has anybody else noticed the annoying rattle of the seatbelt against the side of the super sport seats in the B9 S4? It’s the metal clip against the chrome metal finish on the side of the seat. It’s been bugging me for months so now I have to clip the passenger seatbelt in every time I drive anywhere haha. Minor design flaw from Audi!

This drove me loopy too... I thought it was my ocd kicking in.. I used to tighten the belt slightly by pulling the back bit in a bit when I had no passengers ..

No rattle from mine, isn't there a clip on the belt where you can move it up or down to position the offending part...

Yeah, I push the seatbelt all the way up to the opening at the top so that it's held securely. It's very annoying if it starts hitting or vibrating on the side of the seat...

Reactions: Riko0073
No rattle from mine, isn't there a clip on the belt where you can move it up or down to position the offending part...

I think the difference might be that the S4 seats have a hard plastic section on the side that allows for the seatbelt to hit a hard surface. I'm assuming that your seats have leather in that bit so probably doesn't make the noise. Lucky dog. Haha.

Reactions: cuke2u
^^this . The RS super sport seats have leather all around the top so I don’t notice now either ...

...and breathe...:)

Has anybody else noticed the annoying rattle of the seatbelt against the side of the super sport seats in the B9 S4? It’s the metal clip against the chrome metal finish on the side of the seat. It’s been bugging me for months so now I have to clip the passenger seatbelt in every time I drive anywhere haha. Minor design flaw from Audi!
Yes, so annoying! I put some felt on the side of the seat to stop it rattling, which is fine until my wife sits there and always manages to fiddle with the seat position and/or the height of the buckle so it starts rattling again next time I'm on my own. Aaaagh!

Poor design from Audi!

It also marks the side of the seats if you keep letting it hit the metal finish!

I just push the buckle all the way up so it’s clear of the seat, or you can tilt your seat back so it’s clear of the offending swinging buckle!

My wife’s new mini clubman does this too.. drives me to distraction!! Must be a German thing!!

I hate when my partner doesn't release the seat belt to it's proper position and leaves the buckle against the pillar, where upon it also rattles..