Annoying problems

Lowride

Reaction score
I had to buy a new battery two wks ago. Since fitting it I`ve noticed two problems that were`nt there beforehand so I can only think that changing batteries has caused them..

Firstly, when I brake for a set of lights and come to a stand still the car seems to want to stall, revs drop but it nevers stalls, they flap up and down a bit just below 1000rpm then sort themselves out

Secondly, I tried the A/C earlier b`cuz it can damage it not using it for long periods. It won`t switch itself on at all now. I have`nt had either of these problems until I swapped the battery

There was a post last week about there being a build up of black crap in, was it the throttle body? So I may hav a look at that but the guys with that problem did`nt hav it due to changing batteries. My central locking has never worked properly since I changed the battery over about 18mths ago either

I`ve seen a 'tool' for sale on eBay for about £5 that can supposedly reset stuff. Would that be of any help? I would go to my local Listers garage but they said it would be £75 just to 'look' at the C/L problem

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

You can reset all the major stuff by leaving the battery unpluged over night.

did you replace it with an exact same one or different amp/hrs etc?