Andy's Panther Black S3

Both very nice cars, I agree with pulp regarding the interiors A1 is great but the A3/S3 is a different league nice spec too, similar too mine! You will love it my only regret with my S3 is that I didn't buy one sooner lol

Reactions: Pulp84 and AndyB-S3
Thanks Ben, I wish I bought it sooner but finance would not permit and settled on the A1 instead.. As great a car that is I really can't wait for the S3.

I'm sure if you asked the sales guy for the original order sheet he could print it off, don't understand why Audi took the list away from my.audi, annoying!

Upload 2014 12 12 8 31 23

It kinda even looks the correct colour on the homepage.. only difference is the left hand drive.. lol

2 More Sleeps....:jump:

Think its clean enough to trade in tomorrow? ;-)

I'd have it!

But then I never part ex and give it to them clean!

Don't worry after my 6hr drive it is going to be horrific!! Lol

Nice clean.

There's no point hiding the plate when it's all over your account in the other pics, restrict access incase you didn't know.

Haha yeah I was just testing a new feature in photobucket...

Erm well i am officially in love with driving!! What a machine!!!

Can't take the grin off my face. Lol..

Oh is the handwriting recognition feature standard on tech pack or is it an extra on the tech pack? How would i know if i have connect? Just flew up the road and not had chance to have a good play! ;)

Reactions: RYuill
Congratulations mate!!!

The touch pad is standard on the tech pack I believe!

Make sure you get some pics up when you get a chance!

Reactions: AndyB-S3
Weather was shocking. We were held up at the dealers and by time got home was dark so no good opportunities. However being dark the lights are freckin awesome. Lol.

Pics will be up 2moz hopefully, will take my camera to work and nip out at lunchtime. ;-)

There's plenty of toys to discover and play with. Enjoy your new car...........

Gratz Andy, remember the finance thing if you're going down that route of paying it all.

For drive mode I suggest dynamic and you should use 98 fuel, though I'm sure you'll find your way :)

Cheers Rider. Filled her up with momentum and defo staying in dynamic! Sooooo happy.. lol. I spoke with dealer too regarding finance, only interest that will be charged on any early repayment will be 30 days interest of outstanding balance which on 10k will not amount to much. So if i do that then i have effectively paid £25k for the beaut.

Btw I am absolutely loving the colour.. amazing!! ;-)

Nice one Andy! BTW you know if you have connect because there will be a SIM slot in the glovebox ;)

Yeah connect ain't there.. ah well not too bothered anyway. Everything else is exceptional!!

Drive to work this morning was amazing, I really thought my A1 was a great car but driving the S3 on the same roads you really feel the difference. So much more smoother and grips the road like crazy. On some corners I used to take at 50 in A1 feels too slow in the S3. lol. Overall I am more than impressed after 1 day, will have a good read of the manual etc on my lunch breaks and see what all I have to learn about it.

BTW Dynamic mode is awesome!! :p

Good lad, it really is a great machine and just keeps getting better as you get used to it in the wet and nasty conditions.

Such a nice place to be as well, civilised when it needs to be and then an animal when required.

Now you just need to get under the back end and unplug the exhaust flaps to leave them open all the time :)

Even in dynamic mode they shut on part throttle...

Hmm maybe i don't want to start pulling plugs out just now..am quite happy with the noise it makes just now tbh. My neighbour heard my starting it this morning and said it was rumbling away nicely. Lol. :happy:.. ;-)

So I have not had any time whatsoever to get any good photo's yet. I washed it last night and was going to take photo's at lunch today but it is filthy again and only had time for a few photo's. Not good at all.. :( When the weekend comes I shall treat her to a proper wash and photo shoot. :)

Anyhoo 3 I did manage at lunch just to prove I actually have one. lol..

Good Colour in this one..

Last edited:
Reactions: Madmo, Ben Daniel Grant and A3_Rider
Nice one buddy. It's annoying trying to keep it clean at this time of year.

Looks like the farm road to the horse farm

So annoying it is unreal! I am contemplating getting the bus to work next couple months to save it from dirt & salt. lol..

It is a farm road but no idea to where.. just 1 minute outside Cupar heading to Dairsie on right hand side?

:)

Yea that's it. I was at the dentist in Cupar yesterday, was looking out for a black S3 but never saw it lol

lol you wouldn't have seen me.. hidden away in Cupar trading estate. lol :)

Cheers Rider. Filled her up with momentum and defo staying in dynamic! Sooooo happy.. lol. I spoke with dealer too regarding finance, only interest that will be charged on any early repayment will be 30 days interest of outstanding balance which on 10k will not amount to much. So if i do that then i have effectively paid £25k for the beaut.

Btw I am absolutely loving the colour.. amazing!! ;-)

That's if you cancel after 14 days, by law you have 14 days to cancel. They can't charge any interest on that.

Yeah connect ain't there.. ah well not too bothered anyway. Everything else is exceptional!!

Drive to work this morning was amazing, I really thought my A1 was a great car but driving the S3 on the same roads you really feel the difference. So much more smoother and grips the road like crazy. On some corners I used to take at 50 in A1 feels too slow in the S3. lol. Overall I am more than impressed after 1 day, will have a good read of the manual etc on my lunch breaks and see what all I have to learn about it.

BTW Dynamic mode is awesome!! :p

This is great to hear! I currently have an A1 which I love except for the ride quality (18" wheels on such a small car is crazy! Haha). Always planned an A3 after but the temptation to change early is growing!

Great pics btw, lovely colour

Do it Toniq!! Lol. Seriously though it's the best thing i have done! ;)

Yeah the colour is excellent, will get more pics up soon when it's had a good clean. ;)

Reactions: ToniqR
Some new pics.. finally managed to spend some time with her in daylight. Lol.

More to come when i give her a proper detail. ;-)

Reactions: Cymru09, Ben Daniel Grant, TerryCTR and 2 others
Very nice mate, Im waiting on Glasgow Audi coming back with what they want to offer but I fully expect that I will have to travel down south to take advantage of the discounts available.

Yeah it's always cheaper down south for some reason. I bought a TT down in Cheltenham for the wife 2 years ago.

I paid almost a grand n half less for my S3 than an older model advertised here in Dundee. Crazy..

For those who have made the step up from an A1 185 have you guys noticed the noise of the recirc valve on A1 is louder than that on the S3?..or is just located in a different place maybe lower in the engine making it quieter? Or is it just me?..lol

That's if you cancel after 14 days, by law you have 14 days to cancel. They can't charge any interest on that.
Cancelled after 9 days using the "right to withdraw" clause and had to pay £26.55 in interest. The clause in the T's & C's did state that this was applicable, i tried to fight it but got nowhere as was in black an white. Lol. Anyhoo i feel i have got a great deal and with the service agreement still in place all is good.

4 more days so I can drive her again.. currently sat with my feet up beside a pool in Dubai.

looking at your pics on here really shows me how much i need to get outside and wash mine - it's absolutely filthy dirty :(

But it also is awesome in the snow here it the Midlands too.

Lol aye get out and wash her now!! Treat her right.. ;)..

No snow here in Dubai.. plenty hot though.

So not been onto my thread for a while.. not done much to her except wash..wash and wash some more..

Got some cold fingers washing today but really is worth it. Looks pretty good when done..

Think I may have a slow puncture though, pressure on rear rh tyre was low. May need to purchase some new shoes...

Reactions: THQuattro, Pulp84 and RYuill
So had a wee play with Photoshop.. What you all think of the body coloured front grill bits that are currently grey?? Top pic is shopped :)

Think it finishes it off tbh..

Upload 2015 2 3 17 17 59

Also I am in the process upgrading the interior LED's. Centre reading light was proving to be a real pain in the a** but turns out I was doing it wrong. lol.. Updated pics will follow once done. :)

Reactions: Steph67
Well as you are probably aware I like photoshop!!. lol. I have been looking into new alloys, for some strange reason I want to go 19".. even though the 18's that are on are really nice I still have this urge to change.. will keep the 18's and probably put winter tyres on... anyhoo I digress. Main reason for the post is the below...

I came across 19" A8 alloys on Ebay and I quite like them, what is everyone's thoughts? I may have them re coated/ refurbished as my 18's and have part silver/polished and the anthracite but just wanted opinion on style 1st?

S3 Alloys

@Bristle Hound Could you change my thread title to "Andy's Panther Black S3"? :)

Reactions: Q5 TRS, Brasso and Dtwm1
They are nice!.. just trying to figure out they will fit ok.. should do. They are reasonably priced too. :)

Looks good. Like the black on black

What do software do you use for photoshopping? I've never done it but wouldn't mind giving it a shot. There is some new wheels I've been looking at but would like to see them on first.