Andy's Panther Black S3

@Bristle Hound :anbet: You are a star, thank you!! :)

@RYuill I use Adobe Photoshop CS5, amongst other lesser programmes. I only have Paint Shop Pro at work and that is what I did the latest one on. It is not as good as Adobe Photoshop, helped me today though. :)

I just downloaded the free trial. Cannot get my head around that haha. Maybe need to look at some tutorials.

Reactions: AndyB-S3
You tube is your friend. .it's all about the layers. ;-) i am no expert, have been pottering around for several years with it and still not 100% on it. Lol

Forgive my newbie ignorance guys I apologise in advance but what does VCDS mean? And what does DTUK do?

AndyB-S3 I'm around Cupar as well could maybe meet up someday for a S3 photo shoot if you wanted?

Hi @Madmo

vcds is a combination of a fault reader and an ability to tweak software parameters slightly. example... if you have electric folding mirrors you can set it to dip the passenger mirror toward the floor when reversing if you didn't have that installed already of course.. there are a number of different things it can do. There will be a better thread kicking about the FAQ section that will explain better.

DTUK are a tuning company and do a range of plug and play tuning boxes for most cars. They do a box for the S3 which i am contemplating and will see around am increase in bhp of at minimum 50. Worth a look at their website.

I work in cupar during week and actually stay in dundee but would certainly be happy to have a wee meet at some point. Your car may upstage mine so make sure it is dirty on a day we do meet. Haha

Reactions: Madmo
Lol thanks for the explanations mate I will have a look at that DTUK website although I've only done 180 miles so far so better waiting until it's at least run in lol.

My car is very rarely dirty

Yeah maybe a while to get used to what it has to offer 1st before further tuning. Lol.

Well i will be sure to bring a bucket of refined mud then as to not scratch your car but make it look as dirty as mine...haha

Reactions: Madmo
Yeah maybe a while to get used to what it has to offer 1st before further tuning. Lol.

Well i will be sure to bring a bucket of refined mud then as to not scratch your car but make it look as dirty as mine...haha

Lol that's very kind of you, I will bring my mobile pressure washer and sponge hehe

A sponge??????????? Uh oh....detailing police will be on you in no time!!! Hahaha

A sponge??????????? Uh oh....detailing police will be on you in no time!!! Hahaha

I know nothing about detailing although I have been reading up about it as I would love to do my own car in the summer. My mate has his own detailing company but he wants £300 to do my car.

I know nothing about detailing although I have been reading up about it as I would love to do my own car in the summer. My mate has his own detailing company but he wants £300 to do my car.
If you just take your time, use a decent lambswool mit and the 2 bucket method then thats a good start. I am new to detailing too so i have picked it up as i am going. It is addictive. Lol. ;-)

Reactions: Brasso and Madmo
If you just take your time, use a decent lambswool mit and the 2 bucket method then thats a good start. I am new to detailing too so i have picked it up as i am going. It is addictive. Lol. ;-)

Good advice. Take your time well worth the effort.

It gives me a great deal of satisfaction to look at the finished result whether my own motor or looking at someone else's hard work on their car.

Reactions: Q5 TRS
A good place for the pair of you to start me thinks ;)

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/index.php

BUT be warned it may empty your Bank account lol :laugh:

£300 for a full Detail? Sounds about right to me :thumbs up:

Reactions: Madmo and Brasso
Just some more photo's to keep thread up to date. Better that the sun is out now!! :)

5514 1424604538 3b34c1663ff1334b761a50fb6692e3f0 5512 1424604364 804c7c106e497e2f3663df37af2b26a2 5513 1424604444 ab7b95839dafe7d55bca09caba3745bc

She will be getting a bit of a good clean/mini detail on the weekend. Noticed some scores on the bonnet that need a polish out..:(

Reactions: RYuill, Brasso, Madmo and 2 others
Glorious mate ;)

There's a mythos black SB at work with the black pack. Looks great but so glad I stuck with the chrome, just looks class :)

Reactions: AndyB-S3
Cheers Simon, I had thought about changing to black pack retrospectively but tbh I love the way it looks! Everyday I go out to it I still can't believe I own it. Quite understated but still gets the odd look driving past. :)

S3

Reactions: Simon L
Well as you are probably aware I like photoshop!!. lol. I have been looking into new alloys, for some strange reason I want to go 19".. even though the 18's that are on are really nice I still have this urge to change.. will keep the 18's and probably put winter tyres on... anyhoo I digress. Main reason for the post is the below...

I came across 19" A8 alloys on Ebay and I quite like them, what is everyone's thoughts? I may have them re coated/ refurbished as my 18's and have part silver/polished and the anthracite but just wanted opinion on style 1st?

View attachment 53284

@Bristle Hound Could you change my thread title to "Andy's Panther Black S3"? :)

My dad has these wheels on his A8 but I'm sure the offset is 35 and tyre sizes are 255 which equates to 9 or 9.5 inches. Probably 9 though. Audi use one side up usually for example the stock S3 when is 7.5 inches wide but Audi put an 8 inch tyre on it.

Maybe some reps on eBay with a better offset however.
Also just wanted to say Kudos on your photoshop skills my friend!

Yeah it turns out they are too big. Shame as they are nice! Going to stick with stock for time being, wife wants a new TTS so guess that takes priority...

Thanks for compliment.