AndyParker '57 Dolphin Grey S3 8P2 Thread

So Stage2+ hardware and software fitted by The Phirm. The guys down there are absolutely top - Tim the owner even has "OCD" in his private plate such is his attention to detail.

Paul on the front desk could chat to you for hours about the different cars they have and options for the S3. I'd heard and read really good things about them and they really didn't disappoint.

The car is however only running at 22psi of boost so another 8psi to go - this is purely because the stock clutch just couldn't handle the full extent of what Stg2+ has to offer. Fortunately I was fully aware that this may be the case and so had budgeted for this eventuality. Going to go down the route of the Sachs organic kit which should be good for 400lb of torque and is tried and tested by lots of others. Also need to get the DV sorted for a newer revision which I'll get done at the same time.

Difficult to assess the Stg2+ bearing in mind there are more gains to be had at full boost but even at the current level the car just just so much more pace and urgency and is a better drive for it.

Aim is to get the clutch and DV done early December and hope to also get my coilovers fitted at the same time albeit struggling to decide on which ones! Last piece of the jigsaw should then be new alloys come the spring. Can't see myself doing a hell of a lot after that other than little touches like returning the brake carriers and possible dewipering the rear.

Bit of a detail today of both mine and the other half's TT as the weather was pretty good - both need a really good machine polish to take out some scratches and general cob webbing but considering they are both 7 years old now they're not in too bad condition.

Reactions: Krony and Charlie23