Android with MMI Cable

dboi10

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I've been happy with connecting my Sony Xperia Z5 Compact to my A3 MY16 via Bluetooth which works really well for Spotify, MP3s and Phone calls. I also have an SD card with some MP3s on. For Bluetooth my issues however are the big use of battery and a mini concern that the Bluetooth audio isn't as good as wired (although i think its good). So after 2 months I finally received my micro USB MMI cable from Audi yesterday. I turned Bluetooth off on my phone and plugged the phone into the MMI cable which then starts charging the phone and asks to be used in one of the following modes : 'Charging only', 'Transfer Files MTP' or 'MIDI'. I selected MTP and on the screen a USB symbol appears with a rotating 'wait' symbol but nothing ever happens...

So my question is - can i only play music (either Spotify or MP3s) from my phone via Bluetooth? I can clearly charge from the MMI cable - is that really all it's good for?? It wouldn't be a a massive issue, I like the Bluetooth interface, i just want to know if it's something i'm doing wrong..

I wonder this too.. havnt been able to make it play through mmi on S3 or now on my S7