Android(Spotify) through AMI to USB-C cable

razputin

Reaction score
Just picked up my 2013 A4 and just got a new AMI cable to USB-C to connect to my Nexus 5x. Keeps sitting at the AMI initialising state and won't do anything. Any ideas? Or just cut to the chase and buy a Viseeo Bluetooth dongle?

Ta.

I was hoping I could stream through my MMI as I have the 2014 A4 model, obviously not. Can the MMI software be updated? If so, would it enable the Audi bluetooth so I can stream music through it?

Can this be updated?

eOPq

I have a 2014 B8.5 and can play music from the internet through bluetooth. The controls to skip track etc work the phone too, so it's handsfree

I also have a 64 plate B8.5 and I am able to stream music from my Android phone using Bluetooth. I am also able to use and control Spotify on the phone as long as it is running when I connect the phone to the car....

How does your phone come up under source? When I select 'Transfer files..' under the USB options on my Android phone it then finishes the '..initialisation' process and starts playing any music files it plays on my phone. How can I play/stream Spotify? Am I missing something?

I usually make sure Bluetooth is all paired between the phone and the car. Then make sure Spotify is launched and go to source and select Bluetooth in the MMI then the music controls all work back to the phone. Would you like some pics etc??

I'm usually quite good at this sort of thing too lol. That would be great man!!!! Would really appreciate it

I shall have a play tomorrow when I get to work matey and take some pics etc and show you what it looks like, plus what version of the MMI I am running.

I have the Concert stereo and the AMI port in the glove box but from what I've read I definitely don't have the ability to stream bluetooth. Understand Audi used to sell an A2DP Bluetooth AMI adapter Part. No. 4F0051510J as a workaround. https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine...reaming-audio-no-longer-available/4f0051510j/

Might see if I can get one of those to keep it all OEM rather than going for a Viseeo adapter. Unless you still think I can get it working?

Last edited:
Hi Razputin, I did not realise you had the Concert Stereo with the AMI port, apologies for getting your hopes up. The B9 I have has the MMI and NAV that comes with the tech pack, so I am guessing this gives it the extra features for Bluetooth streaming etc...

due to that i would reccomend tune2air which plugs into old style ipod wire for the ami, works great on my ami

My B8.5 has the colour display, hard drive and nav so maybe that's why I can play via bluetooth too

Makes senes Zafi...

Nice recommendation youngy93!! if I knew those existed when I had my A3 I would of got one!!

Thanks for the help.

Hopefully get the Tune2air in the post tomorrow, can't wait to have Spotify in the car, will really make my new car complete, although I really do think 150bhp is somewhat under powered, I foresee a remap...... :)

Thanks for the help.

Hopefully get the Tune2air in the post tomorrow, can't wait to have Spotify in the car, will really make my new car complete, although I really do think 150bhp is somewhat under powered, I foresee a remap...... :)

Where are you based, I got mine remapped at a company in Northampton called Motech. The guy who runs the company Mike is a great guy. The maps he uses are superb, my A4 has had the stage 1.5 map on it for over 20k and the car is faultless with no errors or problems. It also goes like an absolute train in every gear and all through the rev range. Check out the Motech website http://www.motechperformance.net/

I'm just outside Belfast, we have about two or maybe 3 good places to go for remaps, stand corrected if there are more. Hoping I can get over 170bhp as I really think the car needs it.

Tune2air up and running tonight, all sounds great over the B&O set up :)

I use bluetooth. Dead easy.
Any help on an 2017 Audi Q5? Just bought the Tune2Air WMA3000A and with my Android phone I can't stream anything.

It plugs in and powers up through the AMI port, and it even connects my phone to the car for talk, but when I try to go the AMI under audio inputs it's showing as empty.