1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Android Sat Nav Replacement

mikeav6 Nov 30, 2018

1. mikeav6

mikeav6 Member

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group VCDS Map User Audi A6 Audi A3 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro S-line owners group S tronic

Don't see how as the a6 screen folds away, so cannot see a 10" screen fitting in the a6. Unless the current screen is disabled and that screen is nailed to the dash.

4. mikeav6

mikeav6 Member

It replaces the fold away screen with a fixed one.

Install video below

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group VCDS Map User Audi A6 Audi A3 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro S-line owners group S tronic

That was one of the reasons why I don't like the Audi models with the tablet nailed to the dash.

One thing I cannot see is any MOST compatibility, so if you have BOSE or B&O then this solution may not work, but if you have the basic RMC system then this could be a cheaper solution to get more functions.

6. mikeav6

mikeav6 Member

I have emailed them again to ask them about MOST compatibility so will update when I get a response.

7. niedzial1983

niedzial1983 Active Member

Wrong forum... this is for c6 platforms and your video is for c7 ...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

8. B5NUT

No the OP's original link is for the A4 B9 but the hardware is identical to the video which he wants to be fitted into the C7.

9. mikeav6

mikeav6 Member

Further update on this.

I contacted the vendor again and they said that it works with MOST but needs an adapter to work with Bose and that it also works with the instrument cluster.

May be brave a buy one in a few months when car is out of warranty.

10. DaveW

DaveW Well-Known Member

Sounds a bit risky, I'd be tempted to leave "as is"...