Android RNS-E

If you got to factory settings and the code you need is 126 then you can change settings for dimming etc and also for default volume settings etc.
To turn the screen off you hold that little box with a X in it for a second or two and the screen will go off.
What is your fm signal like? I’ve got a octo core android 6 unit but there’s something wrong with it so I’m sending it back and getting a refund. Mine doesn’t have the fakra connector for radio mine has a din adaptor with a separate power cable that has to be connected so I just wondered how it worked without the power cable and only using the fakra connection?

Yes m8 had a look in factory settings but nothing to do with dimming jumped out at me so i left well alone until i get a bit more time to look in to it .
Nice one with the screen button didn't think to hold it for a few seconds i will give it a try in the morning. cheers

No need for a power cable m8 i just plugged in the fakra cable and it picks up fm and am no problem .
There is a power antenna cable in the loom but its not needed for mine .
I drove around in an old jag for a time many moons ago. it had a motorised aerial . when you started the car it rose up out of the rear wing
Maybe its for that !

cheers eddom1971

Last edited:
Glad it worked for you mate! I'm looking forward to receiving the same unit next week and I hope it would work out of the box too as I have the same sound system like yours.
On the sound quality, I don't know if the manufacturer changed anything in this department, but the older units didn't have enough bass, so many, myself included, installed Poweramp app which is a great improvement over the stock music player. And the ability to create play lists as well as assign different EQ profiles to different artists and even songs worth the app price.
On the dimming the display when you turn on the headlights, you can adjust it in settings. Also, I use Car Launcher Pro app that, among other features and great user interface, allows you to turn on the screensaver with a simple tap on the corner of the screen, so you see the dark screen with a clock only (you choose colors). It worth trying.

Hi m8
If its the same model as mine and your car sound system is the same then hopefully there shouldn't be any issues.
Just connect everything up the way i have in the post above m8 fingers crossed and hope for the best.
Haven't tried power amp yet but i will. The stock amp settings are quite good loads of bass if needed and i like loads of bass:thumbs up:.
I will definitely try the car launcher pro app though . cheers
The stock music player app is a bit naff though it sees all the music on my usb stick as individual songs not albums or artists in separate folders.

I'm still no nearer to finding out why the buttons on the unit don't dim with the rest of the dash though.
I still think its something to do with the separate illumination cable coming from the head-unit but i cant see where it would be connected?

cheers

eddom1971

@dp_motley, @eddom1971 - I’m awaiting your feedback (and images) before I commit...

What system have you got in your car samuelh_888 ?
Bose or non Bose ?
If you install it and all your speakers/amp and sub work first time that's the biggest hurdle dealt with:thumbs up:.
I will admit i was a bit worried about needing to get my technical head on to sort out any issues but then i thought sod it.
If i get stuck there is always loads of help on here if i needed it..:sos: :blink:

Will post a few pics as soon as i can m8 .
Feedback is positive up to now but got a lot more exploring to do first.

If you don't mind spending hours tweaking and fiddling about and installing apps to get it setup how you want .
Then i would say go for it .

cheers

eddom1971

Reactions: samuelh_888
Bose or non Bose ?

I currently have RNS-E with full bose. I’m in no rush to upgrade but as mush as I like the Pioneer and Kenwoods and Alpine units, I don’t need to spend that much and I do like the look of the Xtrons.

I’ve read mixed reviews in the sound quality and the plastic’y look/feel of the unit, but that aside it seems to be a lot of kit for the price.

I currently have RNS-E with full bose. I’m in no rush to upgrade but as mush as I like the Pioneer and Kenwoods and Alpine units, I don’t need to spend that much and I do like the look of the Xtrons.

I’ve read mixed reviews in the sound quality and the plastic’y look/feel of the unit, but that aside it seems to be a lot of kit for the price.

Get one definately but make sure you get an xtrons unit. The reason for the bad reviews on sound quality is because most of the older model units don’t supply power to the bose amp so it doesn’t work properly therefore the sound is shocking. If you get a new one from xtrons the wiring loom that comes with the units they supply has a blue power cable that you connect to a blue power cable on the headunit which then powers the bose amp giving you the proper sound quality.
Other than that they’re brilliant, they work with steering controls etc, can use any sat nav app, can use dab, Bluetooth,Bluetooth music streaming, reverse camera and probably even more. For about £300 nothing else comes close.
If I were you I’d get an android 8 octo core version from xtrons.
One thing though is they are all chinese sellers so buy off eBay and pay with PayPal so that you’ve got buyer protection if you need it.

Reactions: samuelh_888
Bose or non Bose ?
If you install it and all your speakers/amp and sub work first time that's the biggest hurdle dealt with:thumbs up:.
I will admit i was a bit worried about needing to get my technical head on to sort out any issues but then i thought sod it.
If i get stuck there is always loads of help on here if i needed it..:sos: :blink:

Will post a few pics as soon as i can m8 .
Feedback is positive up to now but got a lot more exploring to do first.

If you don't mind spending hours tweaking and fiddling about and installing apps to get it setup how you want .
Then i would say go for it .

cheers

eddom1971

Get yourself on the XDA forum for android headunits. All updates get put on there to fix bugs etc and there’s all info about modding/rooting them etc

hahaha, I wonder if one of these sellers would do a group buy discount ;)

I'm getting itchy fingers to buy a new toy...

I received my Xtrons and installed it this evening. I connected everything as @eddom1971 suggested (actually it was the same as I had on my old Xtrons), so all the speakers and the sub work. I didn't have time to play with it, just downloaded apps I'll need tomorrow morning (Fartcontrol.nu, Poweramp, Car Launcher Pro) and created one playlist to have something to listen on the way to my work.

The first impression is positive. It boots fast, a lot faster than a unit with 1 GB RAM, obviously. I liked that all the steering wheel buttons - also the ones on the left hand side - worked out of the box. To make it work on my old Xtrons, I had to install mtcdtools app.

That was all for today. I hope I find time to continue tomorrow, otherwise I'll wait for the weekend.

I received my Xtrons and installed it this evening. I connected everything as @eddom1971 suggested (actually it was the same as I had on my old Xtrons), so all the speakers and the sub work. I didn't have time to play with it, just downloaded apps I'll need tomorrow morning (Fartcontrol.nu, Poweramp, Car Launcher Pro) and created one playlist to have something to listen on the way to my work.

The first impression is positive. It boots fast, a lot faster than a unit with 1 GB RAM, obviously. I liked that all the steering wheel buttons - also the ones on the left hand side - worked out of the box. To make it work on my old Xtrons, I had to install mtcdtools app.

That was all for today. I hope I find time to continue tomorrow, otherwise I'll wait for the weekend.

Which unit did you go for? Android 6/7/8? 2g ram or 4g ram?

Great stuff m8 .
Glad all your speakers worked first time .
I'm finding the WiFi reception is a bit crap even when i'm on my drive less than 20 feet away from the router .
I'm having to put my phone on WiFi tethering mode and connect through that instead.Could be because the antenna on the back of the unit is buried inside the dash surrounded by metal maybe.
I might have to invest in a wired WiFi antenna . Not sure i want an external one though it will make the car look like a taxi .
I tried poweramp for a couple of days but found the frontend a bit fussy i actually prefer the stock music player screen
but i cant chose it as the default in carlauncher pro. so i'm going to try out the carwebguru launcher and see what thats like.
i installed the tom-tom go mobile app but its not showing anything on the map when i change to 3D view no roads or anything . its fine in 2D .
anyone else had this problem?

Which unit did you go for? Android 6/7/8? 2g ram or 4g ram?
It's the latest one: 8-core, 4GB RAM, Android 8.
Great stuff m8 .
Glad all your speakers worked first time .
I'm finding the WiFi reception is a bit **** even when i'm on my drive less than 20 feet away from the router .
I'm having to put my phone on WiFi tethering mode and connect through that instead.Could be because the antenna on the back of the unit is buried inside the dash surrounded by metal maybe.
I might have to invest in a wired WiFi antenna . Not sure i want an external one though it will make the car look like a taxi .
I tried poweramp for a couple of days but found the frontend a bit fussy i actually prefer the stock music player screen
but i cant chose it as the default in carlauncher pro. so i'm going to try out the carwebguru launcher and see what thats like.
i installed the tom-tom go mobile app but its not showing anything on the map when i change to 3D view no roads or anything . its fine in 2D .
anyone else had this problem?
I used to use my phone hotspot inside my car, so the reception is wonderful :) I tried my home router wifi when I had the old head unit and the reception was good enough, but I had a powerful router at home.
On the poweramp, it's customisable. I have only an album artwork, a song/artist name and the controls on the screen.
The Car Launcher Pro added a possibility to customise/resize the home screen elements, so it's customisable too. Just had a look at the carwebguru launcher, will try it tomorrow.
I bought Sygic a year ago on discount with premium subscription, so this is what I'm going to try this weekend. I hope it would work in a dual window mode with another app I always have running when I drive. It has a 3D view option too, but I never tried it due lack of performance of the old 5.1 unit.
I don't need a music player on the screen all the time: I just hit the play button and drive.

Do you have any info on how you mapped your old headunit with the steering wheel controls? I've got a xtrons unit but it only has basic steering wheel controls and won' let me map them.

Hi, sorry to jump in on this thread but I had been looking at buying a 2nd hand Mk.I RNS-e unit as the Mk. II versions are out of my budget and appear to have limited functions compared to some of these android units which are half the price of most 2nd hand Mk.II's. I've listed two units below, is the Xtrons one the same as you guys have or a different one and has anyone bought the second one? Not being technically minded the second one only has 2Gb of RAM so I assume it's not as quick to fire up and do things?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/XTRONS-8-...660539?hash=item56a96cb27b:g:jPMAAOSwJWFacZFj
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/7-Android-6-0-Car-Stereo-DAB-CD-Player-GPS-Audi-A4-Seat-Exeo-S4-RS4-RNS-E-B9-8F/132311382991?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
Ps. it says on the Xtrons ad that if it's a non Bose system, mines a simple Symphony II, to get a professional to adapt the wiring, is this something I can do or does it really need a professional?

Last edited by a moderator:
has anyone bought the second one[/URL]

Unfortunately not, I'm on the xtrons bandwagon as well I'm afraid. The second one looks ok though, seems to be the same but with less ram. Same PX5 model so you 'should' (don't hold me to this though) be ok if you want to reflash with Malaysk's custom ROM (recommended, although I haven't tried xtrons' newly released update as I've got mine working to a good standard and don't want to risk playing around too much).

I'd have to recommend the xtrons models to you as there is slightly above abysmal customer services from the manufacturer and a huge amount of support from users online, much more in both cases than some of the lesser heard of far-east brands.

This is the one I got https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/282860254679, I've been very happy with it after some tinkering. Happy to help if you take the plunge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: GrahamS4
Unfortunately not, I'm on the xtrons bandwagon as well I'm afraid. The second one looks ok though, seems to be the same but with less ram. Same PX5 model so you 'should' (don't hold me to this though) be ok if you want to reflash with Malaysk's custom ROM (recommended, although I haven't tried xtrons' newly released update as I've got mine working to a good standard and don't want to risk playing around too much).

I'd have to recommend the xtrons models to you as there is slightly above abysmal customer services from the manufacturer and a huge amount of support from users online, much more in both cases than some of the lesser heard of far-east brands.

This is the one I got https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/282860254679, I've been very happy with it after some tinkering. Happy to help if you take the plunge

Hi, as most are going with Xtrons I'd be daft to go with something nobody knows anything about, the only issue appears to be reconfiguring the wiring for the rear speakers and I'm no car audio electrician.:sneakiness:

Reactions: maxpayne
Sorry the above should an adaptor is needed in order for the rear speakers to work so anyone who fitted one of these with a non Bose system I'd appreciate your advice re where to source this adaptor please?

Sorry the above should an adaptor is needed in order for the rear speakers to work so anyone who fitted one of these with a non Bose system I'd appreciate your advice re where to source this adaptor please?
Hi I fitted a pumpkin system in May a3 8p 2011 no adapter needed every thing came in the box plug and play. Halfords so an adapter nor cheap

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hi I fitted a pumpkin system in May a3 8p 2011 no adapter needed every thing came in the box plug and play. Halfords so an adapter nor cheap

Hi, thanks for the reply I've just had a look on their website and I know technology moves quickly that looks one step behind the Xtrons now with 2Gb rather than 4Gb and Android 7.1 rather than 8.0, although I guess in a couple of months the Xtrons will be a step behind.

Hi, thanks for the reply I've just had a look on their website and I know technology moves quickly that looks one step behind the Xtrons now with 2Gb rather than 4Gb and Android 7.1 rather than 8.0, although I guess in a couple of months the Xtrons will be a step behind.
I spent ages checking out all the Android units every one and pumpkin came out on top. And yeah there are newer faster models but mines works fine. Only thing I couldn't get to work was the wireless but hey it's not the end of the world. Even sat nav with IGO software perfect.

@dp_motley we’re waiting for the pics of the new unit in action
Here you go! A brief review of a 8-core 4 GB RAM Android 8 Xtrons head unit. The most important moments.

- 4 GB RAM is a HUGE improvement in performance over my older 5.1 unit with 1 GB RAM. I've been using the unit for two or three weeks and I have not experienced any lack of performance. The device never froze or had any low-RAM related bugs. It just works, stable and fast.
- The device is optimised for BOSE, as Xtrons states on their sales page. I would trust them. I've got a NON-bose system with a sub and I connected everything exactly as @eddom1971 suggested in his post with pictures on a previous page. If you have BOSE, just don't connect the wires #3 with #17 (AMP CON). When everything connected right, all the speakers work out of the box. Nothing else is needed.
- The sound quality improved over the 5.1 unit. The EQ offers plenty of bass, at least it's enough for my 47 yo ears (I used Poweramp player in my old unit to get that bass).
- All steering wheel controls work out of the box, both left and right hand buttons. For the old unit, I had to install MTCDTools to make the left side buttons work. I didn't need it here.
- I like the dual screen feature. Now, I can run a NAVI app and a speed camera notification app on the same screen ;)
- I was able to make the power button (the hard one) to play/pause a music player on a short tap. A longer tap shuts off the unit. I was unable to do the same on the old unit, I don't know why.
- On connectivity. I installed the MicroDroid app on my phone and set it up to turn on the Hotspot as soon as the BT connects. In real life it looks like this: I turn the key > the HU boots > the HU BT connects to the phone > the phone turns on the Hotspot > the HU WiFi connects to the phone's Hotspot. It happens in the background and I don't need to do anything on my part. It just works.

Same as with the old unit, I've made some minor modifications to make the new one fit flush into the dash. And I finally found a car launcher that I like: Car Launcher AG. It's simple, stable and stylish. Here's the picture of the installed unit.

A Tip: buy the newer version of the HU with as much RAM as you can find. The current one has a 8 core CPU and 4 GB RAM. There's no reason to buy anything less powerful for the same money.

Xtrons 8 in Dash fitment

Reactions: GrahamS4 and maxpayne
Here you go! A brief review of a 8-core 4 GB RAM Android 8 Xtrons head unit. The most important moments.

- 4 GB RAM is a HUGE improvement in performance over my older 5.1 unit with 1 GB RAM. I've been using the unit for two or three weeks and I have not experienced any lack of performance. The device never froze or had any low-RAM related bugs. It just works, stable and fast.
- The device is optimised for BOSE, as Xtrons states on their sales page. I would trust them. I've got a NON-bose system with a sub and I connected everything exactly as @eddom1971 suggested in his post with pictures on a previous page. If you have BOSE, just don't connect the wires #3 with #17 (AMP CON). When everything connected right, all the speakers work out of the box. Nothing else is needed.
- The sound quality improved over the 5.1 unit. The EQ offers plenty of bass, at least it's enough for my 47 yo ears (I used Poweramp player in my old unit to get that bass).
- All steering wheel controls work out of the box, both left and right hand buttons. For the old unit, I had to install MTCDTools to make the left side buttons work. I didn't need it here.
- I like the dual screen feature. Now, I can run a NAVI app and a speed camera notification app on the same screen ;)
- I was able to make the power button (the hard one) to play/pause a music player on a short tap. A longer tap shuts off the unit. I was unable to do the same on the old unit, I don't know why.
- On connectivity. I installed the MicroDroid app on my phone and set it up to turn on the Hotspot as soon as the BT connects. In real life it looks like this: I turn the key > the HU boots > the HU BT connects to the phone > the phone turns on the Hotspot > the HU WiFi connects to the phone's Hotspot. It happens in the background and I don't need to do anything on my part. It just works.

Same as with the old unit, I've made some minor modifications to make the new one fit flush into the dash. And I finally found a car launcher that I like: Car Launcher AG. It's simple, stable and stylish. Here's the picture of the installed unit.

A Tip: buy the newer version of the HU with as much RAM as you can find. The current one has a 8 core CPU and 4 GB RAM. There's no reason to buy anything less powerful for the same money.

View attachment 150027

Nice! I have a non Bose system too on mine and good to know everything works out of the box.

Have you tried Bluetooth music streaming and handsfree calls? How’s the quality and is there any jitter/lag? The new unit is supposed to have a better wireless chip apparently.

How’s the screen? Given that the screen sits at an odd angle already, is it visible in daytime especially when it’s sunny? Asking as visibility is important for navigation.

Thanks.

The Bluetooth music streaming works fine, though I never tried streaming exactly music. I used to stream audiobooks from my phone if I wanted to continue listening them in the car. As said, it works well.

Handfree calls work same as on the old unit: not perfect. The mic should be better. During last few calls I made or received, I had to speak much louder in order to be heard on the other side of the call. I used the built in mic only.

The screen is the same as on the old unit. I can't comment on visibility issues in a sunny day as it's not exactly sunny in Denmark these days, but I think you can't avoid some issues with the direct sunlight no matter what unit you use.

Ok so at 59 yrs of age I'm not exactly up on all the apps you guys are referring to, basically I just wanted to get sat nav, hands free and music without having to worry about having CD's in the car. My car has a factory fit bluetooth which shows up on the Symphony II that's in there, do I keep the factory bluetooth or rely solely on the Xtrons system? The problem with removing the factory bluetooth is that a) I don't know where the module is to remove it and b) there's a factory fit holder, but not a cradle for my Sony phone, and removing that would leave me with two nasty holes in the centre console.
Lastly these apps that you refer to do I simply sit in my garage and hook up to my home router to download these?
Sorry to be such a dunce but I haven't quite got to grips with 21st century technology! :sadlike:

Ok so at 59 yrs of age I'm not exactly up on all the apps you guys are referring to, basically I just wanted to get sat nav, hands free and music without having to worry about having CD's in the car. My car has a factory fit bluetooth which shows up on the Symphony II that's in there, do I keep the factory bluetooth or rely solely on the Xtrons system? The problem with removing the factory bluetooth is that a) I don't know where the module is to remove it and b) there's a factory fit holder, but not a cradle for my Sony phone, and removing that would leave me with two nasty holes in the centre console.
Lastly these apps that you refer to do I simply sit in my garage and hook up to my home router to download these?
Sorry to be such a dunce but I haven't quite got to grips with 21st century technology! :sadlike:
My Bluetooth works from the head unit. Linked to my phone so as soon as I get in car unit fires up Bluetooth snyncs. For sat nav there isnt a dedicated one igo is all there is and I got mines from pumpkin site.it crashed some time later I just googled it and found a version that had every thing including all the speed cameras.the apps yes you have to download into unit. But use the SD card unit has apx installer it's not like a pc .mine's has 2 usb ports 1 I us3 for music 16gig card.2 sd 1 for sat nav other for pics and music

@GrahamS4 , the sat nav, hands free and music player are already pre-installed to the head unit when you buy it. You do not need the apps we mentioned here unless you want something custom.

You don't need to remove the factory bluetooth module. It would be disconnected and not in use as soon as you disconnected your factory head unit. When you plug the Xtrons head unit in, you can solely rely on the Xtrons system.

You can hook up to your home router or to your cell phone's Hotspot. I use the latter. Turn the hotspot on and connect the head unit to the phone's WiFi. That's all you need to have Internet in your car. Then, when WiFi connection is established, open the Play Store app on your head unit and install all the apps you want. But I don't think you would want too much as most apps you would use were already installed to your head unit from the factory.

My Bluetooth works from the head unit. Linked to my phone so as soon as I get in car unit fires up Bluetooth snyncs. For sat nav there isnt a dedicated one igo is all there is and I got mines from pumpkin site.it crashed some time later I just googled it and found a version that had every thing including all the speed cameras.the apps yes you have to download into unit. But use the SD card unit has apx installer it's not like a pc .mine's has 2 usb ports 1 I us3 for music 16gig card.2 sd 1 for sat nav other for pics and music

Here's a pic of mines there's a little pocket thing for cards as you can just see thexend of my red usb stick I had to take this out and cut a hole in back of it.
217ef8d64355151d8946433656501d9b.jpg
1a3f763d97730008abfaa48c75588adf.jpg
874844df7fcc385b085766c3e0752312.jpg
b3e53351d2184bb220e436abff6f42dd.jpg

@GrahamS4 , the sat nav, hands free and music player are already pre-installed to the head unit when you buy it. You do not need the apps we mentioned here unless you want something custom.

You don't need to remove the factory bluetooth module. It would be disconnected and not in use as soon as you disconnected your factory head unit. When you plug the Xtrons head unit in, you can solely rely on the Xtrons system.

You can hook up to your home router or to your cell phone's Hotspot. I use the latter. Turn the hotspot on and connect the head unit to the phone's WiFi. That's all you need to have Internet in your car. Then, when WiFi connection is established, open the Play Store app on your head unit and install all the apps you want. But I don't think you would want too much as most apps you would use were already installed to your head unit from the factory.

dp_motley I read your replies thanks, still a slight concern over the rear speaker wiring as I'm pretty sure my Symphony II has the ISO connection rather than the quadlock?

Here's a pic of mines there's a little pocket thing for cards as you can just see thexend of my red usb stick I had to take this out and cut a hole in back of it.
217ef8d64355151d8946433656501d9b.jpg
1a3f763d97730008abfaa48c75588adf.jpg
874844df7fcc385b085766c3e0752312.jpg
b3e53351d2184bb220e436abff6f42dd.jpg

Thanks, these all appear to be generic players don't they, other than yours has a Pumpkin sticker on it.

dp_motley I read your replies thanks, still a slight concern over the rear speaker wiring as I'm pretty sure my Symphony II has the ISO connection rather than the quadlock?
You'll find two types of connection inside the box: the quadlock and the ISO one. Choose one that fits your car.,

Thanks, these all appear to be generic players don't they, other than yours has a Pumpkin sticker on it.
Yeah it cost just short of £300 didn't Audi one so the ****** thieves make a mess trying to steal it. You can customize it plenty of features. Most you'd never use I don't can play dvds on the move but I don't. My GPS is situated inbetween the 2 air vents found a perfect spot so it's in centre of dash

Sorry time for another dumb question before I click the buy it now button for one of these Android units, do all the A4's come with a power feed through the centre of the FM aerial or just the cabriolet. If it is only the cabriolet does anyone know if there is an adaptor included with the unit or if not which one would I need to buy please?
Sorry to ask so many stupid questions but I've only ever been used to a box in the middle of the car that you push a button on and sound comes out, nothing more complicated than that.:yes:

I'd put 7 of these Xtrons units on my ebay watch list and finally decided this morning to go with Car Audio Point to buy one and they are now all showing as sold out!!! Are these all the same seller using different accounts I wonder as it seems strange that they have all sold out overnight? :wtf:

I'd put 7 of these Xtrons units on my ebay watch list and finally decided this morning to go with Car Audio Point to buy one and they are now all showing as sold out!!! Are these all the same seller using different accounts I wonder as it seems strange that they have all sold out overnight? :wtf:
Sorry to hear that mate it could be the case. As there cheap enough and have newer software there going to sell quick. Keep looking you'll get one .

Sorry to hear that mate it could be the case. As there cheap enough and have newer software there going to sell quick. Keep looking you'll get one .

Just seems strange that supposedly different sellers all sell out at exactly the same time, especially when several of them claim to hold UK stock, but perhaps I'm just being cynical? I may go back to the original idea of a 2nd hand RNS-e unit as I doubt I'd use half the apps on it anyway, just need to be able to have phone, connection and music. :thumbs up:

Just seems strange that supposedly different sellers all sell out at exactly the same time, especially when several of them claim to hold UK stock, but perhaps I'm just being cynical? I may go back to the original idea of a 2nd hand RNS-e unit as I doubt I'd use half the apps on it anyway, just need to be able to have phone, connection and music. :thumbs up:
2nd hand unit make sure it has bluetooh module. Some people sell them separate

2nd hand unit make sure it has bluetooh module. Some people sell them separate

Thanks Leon but I already have the bluetooth module in my car linked to a Symphony II stereo so should just connect straight up. :thumbs up:

Thanks Leon but I already have the bluetooth module in my car linked to a Symphony II stereo so should just connect straight up. :thumbs up:
Yeah do a bit of research on it. Also the power it doesn't have permant live have it on all the time. Mine works of ignition .Some had issues without switching off and draining the battery

Try this chap, will be a few pounds extra but at least you might get a bit of after sales service. Trust pilot reviews are few but all 5 star https://www.androidice.co.uk/

Reactions: samuelh_888 and GrahamS4

They’re in stock from what I can see

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/173177285951

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/173178818887

I just typed in eBay Audi A4 Android 8.

Be better off buying one off the xtrons website though, if you use the discount code VIP15 you get 15% off and it will be cheaper than eBay. You can pay with PayPal aswell so you’ll still get your 6 month buyer protection.

Reactions: TheTomCutler