Facelift Android or Windows for my FL S3 with Tech Pack Advanced?

Android as a standalone OS isn't too bad but the Samsung version of it is a pile of dog ****

Sorry to raise this one - probably me being dense ....
I now have my Samsung Android phone for work. Sorted.
I want to have my work phone as my primary phone and my personal phone as my second phone. Sorted.
However, I want to keep both on charge on long journeys. Not sorted.
Plugging my iPhone in sends the tech system straight into CarPlay mode and disengages my work phone. Can I turn off CarPlay so that I'm only charging my iPhone and have access to both phones? And if so how on earth do I do it?
Helppppp!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Could you by a "cigarette lighter" usb charger plug and charge your iPhone from your 12 volt socket?

That won't have any intelligence, just power.

Could you by a "cigarette lighter" usb charger plug and charge your iPhone from your 12 volt socket?

That won't have any intelligence, just power.

Thanks for the suggestion - that would be a way around it. I guess I was trying to avoid having my phone on view and rattling around in the cup holder. Having said that I could use the one in the boot ...... hhhhmmmmm ....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can you enable "Restrictions" on the iPhone and turn off CarPlay there... Settings > General > Restrictions ...?

Reactions: Soup
Leave a data blocking power only cable in your car. Problem solved.

PortaPow 30 - 150 cm Lightning Cable Charger for Apple iPhone/iPod (Pack of 3) Amazon product

Reactions: Soup
I think Blackberry is a good choice. Why
1. Android with a range of app/game but this is an open source OS - i heard that this os is not very secured, you may be stolen info (not for work)
2. Windows Phone: So sorry Windows fan but this OS seems to be dying, not many apps to experience.
3. Blackberry: More secured than Android phones, iOS (I'm not sure about this) but this a good choice cos you can still enjoy apps/ games if get apk from Web like apk pure, http://choilieng.com (these are trusted sites, allowed original apk file from Play Store)

In the context of this thread the FL MMI has Apple Carplay and Android Auto so if you want your phone to be fully integrated with the MMI then you get an Apple iPhone or an Android phone (Trying to avoid Samsung unless you want your brand new A3/S3 burnt to a crisp...).
That is it.
Any mention of a Windows phone (soon to be a road kill if not already) or even worse a Blackberry that has gone the way of the Dodo is irrelevant.
Now if you don't care so much with full integration via Apple Carplay or Android Auto then you have whatever you can get via Bluetooth connection.