Android HU

StatedRain

Reaction score
looking at android head units and ive got 2/4 to choose from, 2 on ebay that look like the rnse and symphony or the 2 from xtrons that look identical but an extra £100 - so my question is are the xtrons worth the extra money?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200923-115329_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20200923-115329_eBay.jpg
    508.6 KB · Views: 237
  • Screenshot_20200927-202251_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200927-202251_Chrome.jpg
    367 KB · Views: 213
I have an android unit, works flawlessly with the A3, with Bose, xtrons do suffer from alternator whine from units I've installed supplied by clients.

If you're interested, ping me a WhatsApp as it's being sold & still has the screen protector on from delivery, was a test unit for research, has worked very well comes in original box with accessories.

It's also got 4gb ram & 32gm ROM, so its fairly nippy.

I have pumkin android its 3 yes old now looks just like ones in pic except it has the navigation button just below the volume knob .I paid about £380 then I also got reverse camera with it I dont use all the features I just play music. You get what you pay for

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I know that these units can accept the MFSW commands through CAN bus.
Do they also support OPS like the RNS-E does?

I also want to know this but have never been able to get an answer
I have the Hizpo headunit in my S3. I also have a similar HU to my wifes W245B Class.
In both cars MFSW buttons work and can be reprogrammed. Both came with canbus decoder and are plug and play. You only have to buy the radio antenna adapter/amplifier.
In W245 I have some info in the instrument cluster but not in S3 8p (red screen). Additionally, in w245 I get active track lines in the reverse camera but not in S3.
The only downside of Hizpo is the support part (updates etc), which is ZERO. Nevertheless the seller can provide support.

I bought both HU from aliexpress but both arrived via amazon (the seller has eshops in both sites), and I paid zero EU customs as they were shipped from Germany.

Both HU are not sold anymore (android 8,1) as there are newer models, for example ht**s://www.amazon.com/hizpo-Navigation-Mirrorlink-Bluetooth-2003-2012/dp/B07MLFLB31Amazon product