Android Auto

Bluepowell

Reaction score
Hi.

I’m looking at buying a secondhand A4 avant S-line, 16/66 plate. Can anyone tell me if they include android auto / apple carplay? A couple of autotrader adds state that it is included, but searching online leads me to think that it might only be the 2017 and onwards build that have it.

It’s not really a deal breaker, but still would like to know mainly for the google maps function as I also believe that the maps in the car are a chargeable upgrade once they start to get a bit out of date?

Thanks in advance.

Mine was built in April 2016 and has AA and carplay. AFAIK it was standard on all B9 but take a cable and test if you want to be certain.

Thanks for the reply. It's good to know. I'm off to view one on Saturday, so ill take a cable with me.

Found an old brochure from June 2016 which states the Audi Smartphone Interface is standard on the A4 so you should have no problems. Hope you like the car, keep the forum posted if you proceed.

Thanks again for the help / advise. Off to see one on Sunday. 16 plate S-line TDi. I’m going to create a new post re that as I’m a bit confused about the service scheduling needs.

The answers are probably all in here if you perform a search, however we're happy to help...

If you can, find a car with the technology pack. Bigger screen, metal trim surround, better MMI system, 3 years of sat nav map updates & Audi connect included (standard SD system requires you to purchase new Audi SD map cards at considerable cost).

Android Auto makes some of the features in the MMI system redundant. You don't need to worry about sat nav updates, for example, if you use google maps navigation on your phone. I pretty much use Android Auto exclusively to handle my navigation, phone calls, music and suchlike.