Android auto fixed?

Loosecanon

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a second hand A6 (C8) but have been a bit put off by the problems with android auto (amongst others) which have been reported on early models of the A6 C8. Just wondering whether this has been fixed with service updates. Is it working properly yet? If not, what sort of problems have you been having?

Cheers

With the new google driving mode away from AA on the horizon, hold that thought, if we were to take into consideration how they've handled AA & Wear OS upto now, dont hold your breath, what a total sxxx show its been, wear os even on the new galaxy range is awful, tested v3 other day & it was terrible, didnt work properly at all & I'm no idiot to tech, but seriously it was so bad I cant really put into words.

Reactions: RAF_S7
With the new google driving mode away from AA on the horizon, hold that thought, if we were to take into consideration how they've handled AA & Wear OS upto now, dont hold your breath, what a total sxxx show its been, wear os even on the new galaxy range is awful, tested v3 other day & it was terrible, didnt work properly at all & I'm no idiot to tech, but seriously it was so bad I cant really put into words.
Just to clarify what you meant, how does wear OS work with Audi's system? Not sure I follow.

I have tried out Android Auto a few times and found it utterly unusable. The screen haptics were gone and its sensitivity to touches was all over the place. It was missing most of my touch inputs until they were repeated multiple times. Total rubbish.
Luckily for me I prefer the car's own navigation anyway, but I could imagine how annoying this must be for many people.