Android Auto becoming temperamental

Migwire

Reaction score
Is anyone else noticing reliability issues with the updated Android Auto?

I have a Galaxy S9, and the issues in using AA, an app I really like, are really starting to vex me.

Quite often when speaking to it, it just hangs and doesn't carry out the instruction, plus, over the last month or two I've notice it just disconnects altogether and seems to reboot. It did it twice this morning.

Also, nearly every time I want to use Spotify, Audible or Tune In, it comes up saying they're not available.

The app is up to date on my phone so not sure what else I can do.

Try deleting your vehicle from the app, then uninstall and reinstall it again and re-registering the vehicle. Also try a different cable...

Is anyone else noticing reliability issues with the updated Android Auto?

I have a Galaxy S9, and the issues in using AA, an app I really like, are really starting to vex me.

Quite often when speaking to it, it just hangs and doesn't carry out the instruction, plus, over the last month or two I've notice it just disconnects altogether and seems to reboot. It did it twice this morning.

Also, nearly every time I want to use Spotify, Audible or Tune In, it comes up saying they're not available.

The app is up to date on my phone so not sure what else I can do.

I too have had a similar problem where it just does not want to carry out voice commands, they are updating AA as we speak so hopefully will be better soon!!

I am using the S10 and via the Playstore, you can contact the AA community direct with any issues/problems.

Hope this helps.

I've got similar issues. Voice control sometimes not working, calls not connecting.

OnePlus 7 Pro phone and B9 2020 facelift with the new MMI.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

This may help, but if it's a Samsung running Android 10 then there are lots of reported issues, main thread appears to be here:
https://support.google.com/androidauto/thread/26362828?hl=en# 

Appears it is mostly an issue with Samsung phones and since the Android 10 update. The link above says that Google are aware and dealing and the issue is Google Assistant not Android Auto.
There was an update last night and I've not had chance to try it since