1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

And today has been a good day for the old bus.

Just Rob. Jul 8, 2018

1. Just Rob.

Just Rob. Moderator Staff Member Moderator Team Brilliant Black Team Daytona TFSI Owners Group Team V8 VCDS Map User Audi RS4 Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro S-line owners group Manual

So the sun was out and it was down to my local tyre fitters chaps to get a tyre swap over onto the new rims and I think the old bus looks cracking .
    Certainly freshened up the old girl with the new alloys.
    No issue with fitting either this time round, fronts are a very snug fit , but hey that's all that counts .
    No camber adjustments needed so job done.
    A few rubbish picks on the ways home so you'll have to excuse the dirty car,and I must say the lighter rims do make the car handle much better up front, really spot on and responsive.

anyway, pics below.

car4.JPG car5.JPG

Rob Avant, Dan_Avant and BarryG79 like this.
  2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. joinerman

joinerman Well-Known Member

Very smart Rob.

Think i will start off the betting

How long before you change them again.

Three months

Any more bets please. :thumbs up:

Just Rob. and Dani_B19 like this.
  4. Just Rob.

Just Rob. Moderator Staff Member Moderator Team Brilliant Black Team Daytona TFSI Owners Group Team V8 VCDS Map User Audi RS4 Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro S-line owners group Manual

Nope that's it now for wheel changes on the old bus, I should have got these at the very start of my wheel thing , still you live and learn ...

Sandra likes this.
  5. Sandra

Sandra Administrator Staff Member Administrator TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group Audi S3 quattro Platinum Supporter S tronic Audi Main Dealer

@Just Rob. Wheels look excellent Rob. Totally changes the bus.
    @joinerman, I think these wheels are here for long while. :)

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
    Just Rob. likes this.
  6. Jon13s

Jon13s Member

Very nice. I'd be chuffed with that.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Just Rob. likes this.
  7. joinerman

joinerman Well-Known Member

Now where have i heard this before . :whistle2:

Just Rob. likes this.
  8. Just Rob.

Nope, honestly chap......no more wheels on this old bus , but that's not to say i won't change them on something else though..haha

9. DieselJake

DieselJake Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

What weight and brand/name

Just Rob. likes this.
  10. Just Rob.

I did see it stamped on the rim but overlooked making a note of it, but very light for a 19" 8.5j rim.
    I think its on their web page aswell, anyway they are Sonic HS .
    here is a link to them in specific.
    http://inovit.co.uk/sonic/

11. Ash_mtb

Ash_mtb Active Member

Loads better bud, grill looks superb too!

Just Rob. likes this.
  12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. Just Rob.

The Thanks for the positive replies guys and Sandra ...Very appreciated .

I have another big mod about to be completed which will just finish things off...can't say yet though but all will become obvious

14. Alex Holmes

Alex Holmes Active Member

Our avants look so smart in black, especially in good nick like yours! Have you lowered yours? Springs or coilovers? I could do with slightly adjusting the way mine sits as its a little high at the front.

Just Rob. likes this.
  15. Just Rob.

Yep , black is a great colour for avants and allways looks dirty ten minutes after washing it..lol , but then all the colours look great on avants…..avants are brill full stop.....

Currently running Bilstein B8 dampers with H&R 45 drop spring all round and it does sit nice, low , but not too low.
    S4 door blades also make the car look lower for some reason, maybe because they are a lot wider ….anyway works for me chap.

have a good one.

Alex Holmes likes this.
  16. Rob Avant

Rob Avant Active Member Team Phantom TFSI Owners Group Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro

The new rims look spot on Rob, the old bus is looking good :icon thumright: