And this is why we have dash cams!

S32B

Reaction score
Stupid woman straight over the give way sign and across the front of me, totally oblivious to me even being there!!!

Good job I had been watching/anticipating her doing something stupid!

:keule::keule::keule:

Lol

Good defensive driving skills to avoid. They don't seem to teach this and many would likely have ploughed into her.

So a dash cam made you anticipate the other car's driving, that sure is one special dash cam. ;)

Anyone recommend a good dash cam? Ideally a minimum fuss cam with easy installation (self-install preferably).

Good foresight to realise she might end up doing something stupid! :p I've got quite the collection of small clips from mine over the past couple years, some close calls with some real idiot drivers included!

I use a Lukas-7900 ACE HD camera and Blackbox data recorder. Was about £130 plus delivery a couple years back. Has great full HD video and records sound, has pretty decent night vision and can also have different filter screens screwed onto the front lens to reduce glare etc. Has a few sensors that also record acceleration and such in order to activate the event mode that records things if the car is shunted or something. Been a great piece of kit to be honest.

Some people shouldn't be allowed behind the wheel of a car......

Had an older gentleman pull out in front of me (he should've given way to my van) the other day, he was completely oblivious to me and ignored me as I pulled alongside him on the dual carriageway!
You have to pre empt what people are going to do these days.

So a dash cam made you anticipate the other car's driving, that sure is one special dash cam. ;)
Yep it said "Warning idiot about to pull out" :D Seriously though, the amount of people it has caught is crazy! It just makes you think if the worse were to happen you have it there in full colour HD video and stills to show the insurance/police exactly what happened....no arguments!

This from the other week, the car in front wasn't happy :)

Another woman driver, looked straight at me and then pulled out:

Lad on a bike doesn't want to live for very long:

And then we have the funny ones!!!!

Look for the 40 sign, then look on the right hand pavement, the poor woman walking has been taken out by a sniper :D

Reactions: mister.c., Beluga S line and _Zerocool_
I don't kno if I agree op

To me I see a van also looking to pull out to go the same way as you BUT he hasn't (even though that woman is blocking the road) this says to me there's traffic stopping him pulling out or you moving forwards, this also says that in this case she may not have been able to see from her left so pulled into the road to get a better view! I'd like to see the actual footage rather than a screenshot to see the circumstances

The van was parked outside of the shop with nobody in it. I'll look on the cam but it may have been recorded over now. I did the SS at the time as I was talking to the wife so that's why I didn't post the vid...mic was on. Either way the first car to hit her is me from the right...she just crossed the give way marker without looking right!

You don't just "pull out to get a better view" when there is someone coming in the direction you CAN see!

But completely agree with OP - I love having the dashcam, great peace of mind. Had someone join the M1 the other day, skip over 4 lanes and try and get into the right hand lane while I was occupying it. Muppet! Honked the horn and he reacted pretty sharply, clearly hadn't bothered looking or checking his blind spot.

Great videos!

Unfortunately in London this type of driving is an everyday occurrence:racer:

Apart from the Sniper Vid:yahoo: