Q7 And here she is! Always loved Navarra Blue

Sorrybmw

Reaction score
Q7 55 TFSIe Black Edition in Navarra Blue (With comfort and sound)

First ever 'brand new' car with 7 miles on the clock, straight from the factory! I've moved from a 2018 SQ5 TFSI

Initial review so far:

• Comfort 10/10 - By far the most comfortable car I've ever experienced to drive. The air suspension is something else and despite only being the normal leather seats, they're somehow more comfortable than the SQ5.
  • Handling 8/10 - Subjective 8/10 but of course I've come from a background of the sports end of the scale in cars so it does feel somewhat like a lumber beast but not as bad as I thought it would. Not much difference again from the SQ5.
  • Speed 9/10 - Somehow, it feels just as fast as the SQ5. It does have more power on paper but of course it weights an awful lot more so I wasn't expecting the same level of speed but I guess the combination of electric motor + 6cyl lump does a good job! More than enough speed for a car this size.
  • In-car Tech 9/10 - Amazing tech on board and it feels like you're in a freaking space ship. The haptic feedback on the screens is superb. Minus 1 point for having one physical knob (Volume). Perhaps it'll get easier over time but trying to navigate the MMI whilst driving is dangerous. I knew this going in but hopefully it'll be a case of muscle memory.
  • EV Mode 6/10 - One of the primary drivers for this particular model was the EV only mode. Most of our travel at the moment is very local (Shops, childcare etc) which are all within a 10-15 mile radius. The EV range is only around 25-30 miles and so far we've managed a few trips on EV mode which will save us a whole heap of money in the long run. Using combined mode we managed 78mpg on a short 20 minute run.

Attachments

• IMG_0040.JPG
    IMG_0040.JPG
    998.9 KB · Views: 2,456
  • IMG_0039.JPG
    IMG_0039.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 389
Reactions: NevMan and paul wev

First ever 'brand new' car with 7 miles on the clock, straight from the factory! I've moved from a 2018 SQ5 TFSI

Initial review so far:

• Comfort 10/10 - By far the most comfortable car I've ever experienced to drive. The air suspension is something else and despite only being the normal leather seats, they're somehow more comfortable than the SQ5.
  • Handling 8/10 - Subjective 8/10 but of course I've come from a background of the sports end of the scale in cars so it does feel somewhat like a lumber beast but not as bad as I thought it would. Not much difference again from the SQ5.
  • Speed 9/10 - Somehow, it feels just as fast as the SQ5. It does have more power on paper but of course it weights an awful lot more so I wasn't expecting the same level of speed but I guess the combination of electric motor + 6cyl lump does a good job! More than enough speed for a car this size.
  • In-car Tech 9/10 - Amazing tech on board and it feels like you're in a freaking space ship. The haptic feedback on the screens is superb. Minus 1 point for having one physical knob (Volume). Perhaps it'll get easier over time but trying to navigate the MMI whilst driving is dangerous. I knew this going in but hopefully it'll be a case of muscle memory.
  • EV Mode 6/10 - One of the primary drivers for this particular model was the EV only mode. Most of our travel at the moment is very local (Shops, childcare etc) which are all within a 10-15 mile radius. The EV range is only around 25-30 miles and so far we've managed a few trips on EV mode which will save us a whole heap of money in the long run. Using combined mode we managed 78mpg on a short 20 minute run.
Your new motor looks lovely in Navarra blue. My favourite colour, hope you enjoy it.

Reactions: NevMan
Looks Great! Congrats on the purchase!

Interesting about comfort and comparing to SQ5 - I went from a 21" wheel A7 to the 20" SQ5 and while it is more comfortable in terms of seats etc, its just more comfortable in terms of road comfort and with the recent snow/rain, I do wonder how many brain cells of mine are in the same position that they left in by the end of the journey!

In-car tech is really nice but despite being a full on geek, I just could not get used to the touch MMI however this is purely a personal choice and probably one I will not have on any future Audi so its probably a suck it up and deal with it for me.

What a big jump looking at your history of cars - you must be over the moon and the colour suits it fine. I assume there is no way its fitting in the garage?

Beautiful colour, lovely car.

You arent really going to try and fit it in the garage are you??

With regard to touch screen, I cant remember the last time I used the touch screen in the RS4, voice commands are your friend.....and apart from it struggling with my dulcet tones sometimes and dialling the wrong person (an ex instead of my boss, could have been interesting had I not noticed!) it does pretty well on music, destination and names....

Forgot to mention that my SQ5 was on normal springs not air suspension so that likely takes plenty into account, but I've found the seats more supple than the diamond stitched ones in the SQ5.

Yes! I've slowly gone up in size since my first few cars. I've had more but these were the more interesting ones :)

My garage is useless for cars, like most UK garages. I've got it as my 'detailing' haven right now with 2 shelving units full of stuff for cleaning the cars - rest is geeky stuff like old DisplayPort cables, old PC parts, I've got a kitchen worktop in there with beers/whiskey etc for when times get hard and of course, the lawnmower!

Reactions: isleaiw, NevMan and paul wev
Congrats, a beast of a car and one of the best colours

Initial review so far:

That's a lovely car you have there. Have you installed a plug-in socket in your garage?

I’ve got PodPoint coming out in a few weeks to install it on the outside round the corner of the garage. Somewhat hidden away but I’m not overly bothered by it being exposed. We’re located in a corner plot of a cul de sac with CCTV so if someone really wants to put the effort into charging their car on my driveway I’ll let them!

Good deal with the grant, they dealt with the whole process i just needed to confirm some details with them. I’ve got the 7kwH point going in.

I’ve got PodPoint coming out in a few weeks to install it on the outside round the corner of the garage. Somewhat hidden away but I’m not overly bothered by it being exposed. We’re located in a corner plot of a cul de sac with CCTV so if someone really wants to put the effort into charging their car on my driveway I’ll let them!

Good deal with the grant, they dealt with the whole process i just needed to confirm some details with them. I’ve got the 7kwH point going in.
Now that's impressive. I hope you enjoy your new car :icon thumright::wink::yahoo:

@Sorrybmw : Fantastic car! Like yourself Ive got the Q7 50TDI black edition in orca black with 22 inch wheels

I want to check with you though on the air suspension settings please?
As you know each drive mode has its own ride height indicated with white bars. On comfort setting Im showing 2 bar and on dynamic its 1 bar, Auto is also on 2 bars. Are you seeing this as well?

Thanks!