And Finally one quick 3.0tdi

Paul battams

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Audi A4 saloon 3.0tdi 2005 BKN Manual

Well after 18 months of stalling around the 340bhp mark with one thing and another the old gal is finally running the best it’s ever run with a lot of help from a couple of friends and a lot of input and time patience and effort from Bobby Singh (approx 7-8 months) the car went on the dyno and did 416 BHP 860NM torque with possibly 10-15 BHP to come from another couple of small mods I need to try.
57433207f373d4e2dd2982f365b74b9d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: BakPak, bobby singh, AvantMike and 5 others
That will give some people a fright on the road!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Paul battams
makes my 270bhp 2.0tfsi look pretty underpowered now.:sadlike:

good work chap.:icon thumright:

How does the 3.0 v6 tdi compare against the 2.7tdi v6 performance wise Paul.
Based on your excellent results i would think the 2.7 could be tuned to 350 then.

Based on your excellent results i would think the 2.7 could be tuned to 350 then.

Hi rob I’m not sure about the 2.7 not done anything with them . Thanks

Most of the 2.7 TDI cars are FWD with a multichronic gearbox so not the best for adding lots more power.

Its been a lot of work especially for Paul traveling up and down - which I appreciate.
Car is very fast (gearing is perfect in these B7 manual boxes).
That slight dip in the end has lost around 10hp I would say but the logs were 100% perfect - these old EDC16 ecu's with vcds are pretty slow. However, we have some things to try with hardware.

Paul really deserves credit for sticking with this - dyno graphs all look good, but the amount of effort that goes into the cars behind the seen goes uncounted for sometimes.

Thanks
Bobby

Reactions: Horia, BD55SOL and Paul battams

Years ago I done a 180hp 2.7 to around 265hp with 600nm plus but being FWD it was wasted imo - Still fast don't get me wrong and that doesn't mean you can't /shouldn't tune the 2.7 tdi engine.

Cheers

Reactions: BakPak
I bought a 3.0tdi Quattro in January and until now (and for a while yet) I've been forced to focus on everything apart from the engine.
I've always been a believer in sort the mechanics about before trying to make the car go faster.

Umm, that would give an RS4 a decent fight!
Probably win too........

I assumed this was an auto with the torque. What clutch is it running to handle 860Nm?

I assumed this was an auto with the torque. What clutch is it running to handle 860Nm?

Manual Karl I’ve had a twin plate made that should be good for 600bhp or 1000NM torque it seems good at present put clutch in February time once bobby had found the grumbling point of old clutch and flywheel.

Reactions: desertstorm
Those numbers arr crazy. Hybrid Turbo? Happy to share the mod list Paul?

Ye good numbers yes hybrid turbo with a twist I’d prefer to keep spec list between me and my mapper for now it’s taken me 16 months to get the clutch how I wanted a lot of work has gone into this and 7 months from my mapper checking and tweaking things sorry.