And another new 1.9tdi owner.

Ralphthemouth

Reaction score
So like the recent poster, im the very proud owner of a 130 b6 1.9tdi avant. Sold my saxo and used the money to pay for a new timing belt and water pump change. Audi Cardiff charged me £730 :O for the privilege, with a thermostat change for good measure. So far Ive tinted the boot and side windows, put 17" audi 5 spoke alloys on, put an sline rear diffuser on, fitted led ambient lighting into the map lights, deleted the EGR valve, put silicon vacuum hose on, fitted an oil catch can, installed b7 aero wipers, and finally fitted a center arm rest! I had rusty front wheel arch on the off side. Cardiff Audi replaced it with a new one but I agreed to pay 30%. Or 175 quid. Which I thought was fair enough. The wouldn't touch the rust patch on the rear door cos the side has been resprayed. (I had no idea until he put his paint thickness measurer on the side). What I have left to do is put a full set of meyle hd suspension arms on the front, put new gas struts on the tailgate, fit my new votex front bumper (bargain £75 brand new in primer) new brake discs and pads, and put a new door on the back to get rid of the rusty patch.I love it. 11years old with 133k on the clock. Drives wonderfully. The forum searching begins!

Hi, welcome to audi-sport.net. Enjoy the forum. We are nice and friendly and helpful on here. :) x

Welcome to the forum mate, superb choice of car.

Last edited:
£730 quid for timing belt, pump and stat?
Jesus Christ!
Mines due soon, and was going to ring Wearside audi for a quote. Bit on the expensive side

Ill get some pics up soon. The belt and pump were on offer when I had it done. They were £379. I forgot to mention that I had them do an oil change service aswell, that was £139. Hated getting that done, but I knew I was going to get them to do the rust warranty work and needed the dealer stamp so they had no options to say no. (Full Audi service history in the book).

Ill get some pics up soon. The belt and pump were on offer when I had it done. They were £379. I forgot to mention that I had them do an oil change service aswell, that was £139. Hated getting that done, but I knew I was going to get them to do the rust warranty work and needed the dealer stamp so they had no options to say no. (Full Audi service history in the book).
So just for the belt and pump to be done, it was £379 plus labour baring in mind it was on offer at the time

Welcome! Great choice of car but I'm bias, seriously though lots of mechanics rate them as the stronger engine than the 2.0 litre so we are all good! Seasons greetings.

Thanks. I also have vcds and cable if your in a spot of bother in south wales. Cant do much with it mind, but I can read faults.

You're crazy using Audi for anything other than warranty work. My trusted independent in Cardiff charged me £250ish for a cambelt, water pump & tensioner change last August.

Reactions: deano1978 and DieselJake
I know. But I wanted someone who knew what they doing for such an important job. Plus I wanted the 2 year guarantee.

I know. But I wanted someone who knew what they doing for such an important job. Plus I wanted the 2 year guarantee.

My mechanics have all the correct locking tools etc, & have done countless cambelts. No tipex & hope with these guys.

Have you hot pictures of the catch can by any chance? Seeing exactly where it connects on the 130 would be really helpful for me

No I haven't got round to doing the rear wiper yet. As for the catch can. I used a cheap ebay one. I removed the top and made a new one with a peice of aluminium I had. Drilled two holes about 25mm diameter and used two 19mm, 3/4 inch brass hose tails secured with a copper washer and bath tap nut on the end. Its fitted next to the oil filter. Attached to the empty metal carrier on the passanger side. 20140105 12270820140105 12281620140105 122714
The 19mm reinforced pvc pipe goes from the crank case cover to the catch can, then to the large ribbed hose that comes out of the air filter. You can see the connection if you follow your original breather pipe.

Sooooo...cruise control fitted last night. Easy fitting the parts. Coding was a pita! One word of warning, if you brought a copy of vcds cheaply off ebay, then dont expect to be able to code anything lol. As i had changed the steering wheel module, the ABS module needed coding before the steering angle sensor could be calibrated. So you'll need your login code and ABS code, which can be found on the ross tech website, you just have to know what brake code you have from the spare wheel well sticker or the service book and then build the code. Then just follow the directions on the ross tech website G85 sensor calibration. Workshop code was 12345. And to clear the airbag light just clear the airbag fault code.
The cruise control was activated ok and it worked and drove fine, just without ABS/ESP.

So just to inform you, if your typing in your login and then trying the code and nothing is happening, go and find a very helpful person with a genuine copy! THANK YOU PAULDAZZLE :thumbsup:

Reactions: pauldazzle
The new splitter installed this weekend. Looks good. Just gotta get some door blades and colour match the sills.20140316 115459

Reactions: pauldazzle