1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

An introduction and a change of wheels

Beo Nov 1, 2018

1. Beo

Beo Registered User

Thought I should probably introduce myself, having previously been a member/occasional poster on the A3/S3 and A5/S5 forums.

Initially the owner of a Misano Red 2.0 TDI 8P A3 Sportback and then an Ice Silver 8P S3 Sportback:
    [​IMG]
    More recently, I was the proud owner of a 2014 BE Daytona Grey S5 Sportback for three years:
    [​IMG]
    Any mods were relatively minor and fairly subtle (Supercharged badges, fogs, Internal LED lights, engine bay aesthetics, simple Carista changes), with the exception of a new set of genuine Audi S5 20” rims from eBay in Germany, which I used as summer wheels:
    [​IMG]
    Anyway, the RS bug has been nibbling away at me for some time, and this August I managed to find just what I was looking for. So I part exchanged the S5 for this 2015 Sepang Blue RS5 with black styling pack:
    [​IMG]
    I absolutely it, of course! As well as making equivalent improvements to the oil cap, coolant cap and washer fluid caps, along with improved internal LEDs, Audi ring puddle lights and some paint correction, there’s not much that I want to change about it. Earlier this week I got new Pilot Sport 4S tyres put on my old summer wheels, which are now my winter wheels:
    [​IMG]
    Oh, I’ve also had to top up the oil! No great surprises there, i don’t suppose!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pinky1959 and Rs5Hex like this.
  2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Sandra

Sandra Administrator Staff Member Administrator Platinum Supporter Audi Main Dealer

Very nice change. Enjoy x

4. Beo

Beo Registered User

So I started the new year with a change to the wing mirrors, including sequential indicators. This was not a mod I enjoyed carrying out on the first mirror, although once done successfully, it’s relatively straight forward and quick. #teamsepang

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

oli356 and TYb like this.
  5. Beo

Beo Registered User

Took advantage of the Xmas sale and got some mats tailor-made from Diamond Car Mats. Delivered today and just installed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Dennis Rudolfsson

Dennis Rudolfsson Registered User

Looks good! Go team sepang!

what did the mats cost? Seen them alot on advertising. Happy?

Where did you buy the carbon mirrors?

Beo likes this.
  7. Beo

Beo Registered User

The mats cost me about £135 with delivery, I think. Had a 25% off voucher at Xmas. Mind you, they’ve always got offers on. Really happy with them, they look and feel great!

The carbon wing mirror covers were from eBay.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/172646462606

8. Beo

Beo Registered User

A quick and easy mod, courtesy of Mark Brodie and Brotek. Swapped the original, 3 hole washer jets for a pair of fan jets.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Beo

Beo Registered User

Got the summer wheels back on. I really love the V-spokes. Also got the tracking sorted. Bring on the !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

oli356 likes this.
  10. Woob

Woob Registered User

Lovely car. I've gone for sepang as well but have the rotors and normal seats, I spotted wingbacks in yours!

Any advice for the mirrors? I'm planning on changing mine for autofolding but at the same time adding carbon caps and sequential indicators

11. Beo

Beo Registered User

It’s not difficult as long as you take your time and make sure you prise open all the clips before you really get physical! If you aren’t too heavy handed the old covers will come off undamaged.

There’s a video on YouTube that’ll guide you through it:

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. Woob

Woob Registered User

Brilliant thanks. Just need to source a set now and check if my door modules are compatible

14. Beo

Beo Registered User

Today has been decent. Got three small dings on the near side of the car removed by a local paintless dent repair company and fitted a CR15 tower strut brace. Whilst doing that I also removed lots of old leaves from under the scuttle panel.
    [​IMG]

15. Beo

Beo Registered User

Not a big change, but replaced the stock air filters for ITG versions. I have read good things about their durability and efficiency and just thought I’d give them a go.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Need to get the engine bay cleaned up next.

16. Beo

Beo Registered User

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Woob

Woob Registered User

The paint looks fantastic! Seems your tips have gone the same way as mine. I might take them off and refurb them back to a fresh gloss black

Beo likes this.
  18. Beo

Beo Registered User

I think that’s something I’m going to have to do, too. It’s a shame there’s no other way of sorting them. They’re not like chrome tips that can be polished with metal polish and wire wool.

I wonder whether they’d be better being dipped and powder coated?

19. Woob

Woob Registered User

I've done a fair bit of reading on it. It seems a fair few people got them replaced under warranty when the cars were only 3-6 months old but it was a bit of a fight. No way they'll play ball with a 5 year old car.

Powder coating might be a good option. I think audi painted them black chrome rather than black gloss. I've no idea how to get that sorted haha

Beo likes this.
  20. Beo

Beo Registered User

Today I received an eagerly awaited package of carbon fibre products from NITRO Composites which I have been slowly unwrapping. At the weekend I’ll fit it all, but I couldn’t resist showing the engine cover as an aperitif!

[​IMG]

21. Beo

Beo Registered User

All the carbon fibre panels and covers I could lay my hands on from Nitro Composites are now installed:

Engine bay before:
    [​IMG]

New radiator cover/slam panel:

[​IMG]

Expansion tank cover:
    [​IMG]

Air box covers and engine cover:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

terminator x likes this.