Amped sub in the boot

KrisKrk

A6 C6 4F 2010 LeMans Avant
Reaction score
Thinking of getting an amp and sub in the boot but wondering if wiring will be possible at all.

Got two double coil 12" bass speakers with 250watt on each coil and with an inch wide rubber suspension, just gathering dust.
Had an brilliant idea of making two fully custom made subs, either hooked up with amps or already active.

Might use only one speaker as missus hated my younger period where you could hear me from distance before you actually could see me coming in the car and already afraid it will be the same all over again. Lol

Power is not going to be a problem as battery is in the boot already but sound and switched signal might be tricky for me to find.

Anyone have an idea if this can be easily added onto the whole system, where from to pinch the signals, possible or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thx bud. I'm sure she wouldn't even noticed it there.

Got the cover in the left hand side compartment and keep there all my smaller bits, so they don't fly around the boot.

I also like ported and bigger boxes so the speaker doesn't get too much strain with pumping the air.
Another thing is, kind'a have an idea of what I really want it as a design. Would like the whole box fully enclosed with just a port opening and connector drilled only. Speaker fully closed so it doesn't get damaged.

Twin speaker sub would be too much for me anyway so single one would be optimal also for the whole system.

Should probably mention it also that I have 3G+ MMI factory fitted and at this stage would not want to rip the door cards out for the speaker upgrade as of yet. Maybe at some point in the future.

Right, managed to get some info I was after.

Few members of other Audi forums, have been using Line Output Converter ( LOC ) to supply additional amplifier with sound signal.

Now, apparently, there are some amp models that do not need switch signal wire to be connected as they will automatically switch on when sound signal is detected. They will also switch off 3 minutes after sound signal disappear, to prevent battery drain.
How clever is that.
That would suit me unless, I'll get the wiring diagram for stock amp. That would also be handy for the LOC.

Anyone can help on wiring diagram?