AmK breather unit name?

KevinS38L

Reaction score
  • Hi there is a strong smell of fuel coming from behind the coolant bottle. All three pipes don't make a seal and i cant find any info anywhere on what this unit is called. The car runs fine and boosts well.
    Any help would be really appreciated

Attachments

• F2B65BE6-836E-4826-80E5-AE5C26404E23.jpeg
    F2B65BE6-836E-4826-80E5-AE5C26404E23.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 104
Ok do you know if the pipes connected to it are meant to be fully in? They seem to be sprung open the smell if fait through the vents when driving

Thanks for the picture, thought they must be but all three are open on what looks like a sprung connection. Any idea what this is unit is called so i can try and find some more info.?

This shows it better

Attachments

• 1E06FE31-46A1-4F80-BB3E-F1BDB2626CF0.jpeg
    1E06FE31-46A1-4F80-BB3E-F1BDB2626CF0.jpeg
    70.4 KB · Views: 83
Thanks for your help i dont want to be too heavy handed with it or i wont find a replacement

That unit is just a housing for the plastic hard pipes. It’s function is to hold the pipes in place.
In order from closest to firewall
Black > fuel feed to engine
Blue > fuel return to fuel tank
White > charcoal canister & N80

Most likely the white line/system is the issue - check for splits in that line.

If the other two were leaking there would be obvious fuel leaking as they are major fuel lines.

Reactions: MPH
That unit is just a housing for the plastic hard pipes. It’s function is to hold the pipes in place.
In order from closest to firewall
Black > fuel feed to engine
Blue > fuel return to fuel tank
White > charcoal canister & N80

Most likely the white line/system is the issue - check for splits in that line.

If the other two were leaking there would be obvious fuel leaking as they are major fuel lines.
Is was in fact the white one now replaced for £2 happy days.

Reactions: IPG and MPH