AMI Spotify/Cable

Simon91

Reaction score
Hi all,

Couple of things, anyone ever got Spotify working with the AMI lead or is this a bluetooth only thing?

Also, has anyone found an extension cable that works? I got one off eBay but it's pants and doesn't work unless it's just plugged into a plug socket.

Yes Spotify works fine over AMI - but the phone defaults to the built in music app when you first get in.

As for an extension cable, I considered various times to get a lightning extension run to the arm rest, but eventually decided it was easier to charge from the 12v USB adaptor and run music over bluetooth. I still don't understand why Audi think the glovebox is a useful place for the AMI socket!

Just ordered an S5 so now I'm researching the AMI.
If you connect an iPhone6 using bluetooth are any Spotify functions available via MMI (e.g., next, title, playlists, search, etc.)?
Same question if you use the AMI lightning cable.

Spotify via Bluetooth and AMI is limited to next/previous track, pause, and displaying the current album/artist/track name. There is no way to look through your playlists etc. You'll just have to make a long 'driving playlist' and put it on shuffle to stay legal. This is what I do and it works well as I just keep adding tracks I like to it over time.
In pretty sure I'm going to ditch Spotify tho in favour of Apple Music as then you can search all your music via AMI on the MMI. Though on my RS3 I have the advantage of them having moved the AMI to the armrest so it's far more convenient than in the glovebox as it is in the S5 I believe.

The all new A5 due out next year (based on the all new A4) has Apple CarPlay so will give you full control of 99% of apps, unfortunately you'll miss out on that by a few months, though I expect you got a healthy ~20% discount as it's an outgoing model so it's horses for courses!