AMI retrofit to A6 C6 with MMI 3G low

Ritzdog

Reaction score
Hi Guys and Gals, yet another MMI retrofit post to add to the collection (I've read loads). Ive got an A6 C6 saloon with MMI 3G low (no joystick or other bragging rights) I bought an AMI (pic attached) to add to my stereo in place of my CD changer (using directions from a6 retrofit.com). I've got it connected up fine, activated it in the hidden green menu but it wont recognise any devices I connect to it. The AMI came with a few cables for various devices and when I connect phones to any of them they provide power so the device is working to that extent it just wont recognise any of them as input devices.
What am I missing here??
I did previously have the aux in from the back of the nav drive connected which worked fine for USB sticks and iPods but my song library is on my android galaxy s8 doh!)

Any advice appreciated please. I've read there are 3rd party units I can buy to cure it from various sites but I rather liked the neatness of the glove box mounted AMI

I've just heard that the unit I bought is for 2G and not 3G (facepalm) and what I should do is buy the cable that goes into the aux socket in the back of my nav drive and gives the 20-pin AMI socket in the glovebox, is this right?

Bit of a leap for me owning an Audi, I'm only used to older motors where £90 and a trip to halfords would handle most upgrades lol
d1915a1beb585e175a4eb68974e4fe6c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

This AMI is for mmi2g system.
You need Ami for 3G which is pretty much cable with socket being connected to quad lock of the back of your mmi. Good news is that this Ami you have is much more expensive than 3G Ami so you should get your money back.
3G Ami has no most connection.

Link as example : https://goo.gl/images/mKU7r6

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ritzdog
Oh crapola!! I've seen that cable but just assumed that as I was buying an entire unit it must do more than just the cable

I'll get this unit returned and get buying that cable

Thanks screw90

I'll post my results once it's all done and dusted

Oh crapola!! I've seen that cable but just assumed that as I was buying an entire unit it must do more than just the cable

I'll get this unit returned and get buying that cable

Thanks screw90

I'll post my results once it's all done and dusted

So, bought this cable, installed it. Luvly jubbly
Connects to my old iPhone 4 and supplies power but when connected the phone wont play tracks from music app or Amazon, keeps pausing
A partial success though and so easy to fit
87979d2608b62a686543bcbda677697e.jpg