AMI retrofit help: AMI installed, MMI software updated, still not recognised?

alexander555

Reaction score
Hi All, having a bit of a headache in my attempt to get music over bluetooth into my 2010 A8.

My car's original set up:
  • Two units in the glovebox:
    • A CD changer
    • A SATNAV/DVD/SDcard unit
  • No AMI socket in either the glovebox or the armrest. I believe the car is too early for AMI.
  • MMI is 3G High
What I've done so far:
  • Taken out the CD changer and replaced it with an AMI unit from another A8 (same power & optical sockets on back, so simple swap)
  • Updated my MMI software, the car had the 2010 software, so I've done three updates (I just followed 'standard install'):
    • HNav_EU_K0031_3_D1 (2010)
    • HNav_EU_K0206_3_D1 (2012)
    • HNav_EU_K0253_D1 (2013).
After all this when I click Media > Source in the MMI I still don't see anything other than my DVD changer, hard drive and SD cards. So the AMI isn't recognised.

I think there can be two problems:
1) I did something wrong when I updated the MMI software, maybe I should have been selecting something related to AMI
2) I should have updated the MMI software before I swapped out the CD changer for the AMI unit
3) I need to use VCDS and change the coding on one of the modules to tell the car the AMI is there:
  • Done a lot of searching around on this and seems that people are changing different modules depending on car year / module. A lot of people are enabling 'media centre' but my car doesn't even have media centre in the modules. So I am a bit lost on the VCDS front. I have found that I have a media player 1, 2, 3 and 4.
Well, totally out of my depth here and all I want is my spotify tunes in my Audi lol
Appreciate any help !