Ami retro fit question....

MAD_Adamski

Reaction score
Hi guys, ok so I picked up a ami glove box, unit and cable quite cheap.... I did do some homework and I read that it could be used with the symphony HU.....

However after searching on here it seems people have only done it to the rnse....

So my question is can it be done and if so how?

The lead however doesn't fit correctly In the ami and has that detachable blue plug...

Ami on newer non RNS units will only provide a wireless auxin solution, no track data etc.

Reactions: MAD_Adamski
Thanks Nigel, I knew you'd be the man in the know!

I'm happy with that however will I still be able to swap tracks and that from the steering wheel...

Also will I be able to use the above lead or will I need another? I have seen the one on previous threads about the kufatec item but again that's for rnse....

I have retrofitted Bluetooth also so I already have a additional connection block installed...

Many thanks

Also to add I have been tempted to get a rnse, but the whole amount of thefts that go on has put me off owning one... I would like one but would hate to live in fear of it being stolen. :(

Ok so I decided to take the plunge and got the rnse mk2, and I got a ami cable off kufatec... I have tried to code it in telling the car it's now got rnse and ami... my ipod is being charged off the ami so I know it's got power.... However when I go into sources it shows the ami isn't connected..... I've been trying to sort it for about 4 days any help much appreciated I've been scouring the forum for answers..

Reset the rns-e by holding radio & setup buttons until it restarts.