Americas Army

neversaydie

Post Whore
Reaction score
Website
www.nsdcreations.co.uk
Good game to get your teeth into, the big plus is its free from the site to download (700Mb). If you ignore the propaganda its a great game that runs on the Unreal game engine with ragdoll FX.

You have to complete some basic training prior to playing online but its worth it. I've been playing for about two years now and find it better than most games you have to buy.

http://www.americasarmy.com/

sf_oasis1_800.jpg

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I have installed this mate but when im doing the training there is a bit on the range when you have to shoot targets far away and my pc keeps dumping ...its weird cause it dont happen on any other game...i've fiddled with the settings maybe try a reinstall! Must say looks good though ....might be graphics drivers need updating i've been neglecting my pc lately

Does look good, i'll probably give it a go on one of my rest days when i should be decorating.

could well be the graphic drivers m8. Also worth checking your Direct X - should be 9.0c now IIRC.

There also may be another update on AA so best get patched up or the game wont register your completed training.

You have registered haven't you? http://login.americasarmy.com/

And you will need to input your chosen name and password in your personnel jacket section within the game prior to training.

Good luck and it is well worth the training to be able to play online.

Can you get this game to work with a joystick, I've ticked the box for the joystick but it wont work.Any idea's

Hello Trex - I was not aware there is a box to check for Joystick within the AA game.

From what I have heard there have been extensive reviews about gamepads and joysticks with AA and none seem to work apart from the Belkin Nostromo™ SpeedPad n52.

HTH.

There's definately a joystick enable box,go to settings then input,there's a box to tick to enable it there.
Can't get it to work though. Thought i might shave a few seconds of my assault course time , and get through to the next level ,with the joystick enabled,but i can't make it.Gues i'll have to get the exercise bike out before i try again!!!!!!!!!!

NSD in training mode just after your basic weapons training you are given a task of opening a door throwing in a flash grenade then taking out Charlie, Bravo and Alpha soldier in that order then open the door in the dark but it dont open and going by the display at the top given A B & C i take it they represent where the soldiers are but it dont work! Help its driving me mad mate! I just wanna get online to play!!!! Cheers

Ok training completed and ready for action give me a shout when your next going on and tips on whats the best weapons to use and servers to go on! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

You can do the SF training once you have reached level 15 honour I believe.

I will be on tonight bro.

I have a Teamspeak server and AA game server.

The IP address is 82.43.45.11

Either yell for GHoST or myself ...you guessed it... Neversaydie and we will register you on the TS server.

I will be on MSN if you want more info after 18.00.

Cya there

YEah u dont have to sign up to anything just once downloaded register with a name and password and thats it...make sure u get the latest patch though v.2.3.0! Brilliant game for a freebie been playing online with NSD ...getting my *** whipped but very good all the same!

I am obviously being really dumb, but I can't find anywhere to download the actual game. Just links to other sites that make you sign up for things before you can download it. ANyone got a link?

****** norra, it's gonna take over 3 1/2 hours to download.

But i'll be there soon, oneday.

Yep, downloaded it, then it would not work, i think i need more free time to get it up running. I've un-stalled it now, and will download again when i've got a day off.

NSD, whats the link for the new version.

anyone played joint operations? That's awesome. i'm hooked at the moment.

Just wanna run around with a gun shouting, 'Get some,,,Get some...'!!

Ok. But i think i'm washing my hair tonight though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

how it I go there? di i have to type that number in the game as opposed to searching for games?

What do you mean i have posted a link for the latest version just goto the page and click on download. Once downloaded just register as you will need this to get online and do your training before you can connect to the servers and play. Good luck /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
how it I go there? di i have to type that number in the game as opposed to searching for games?

[/ QUOTE ]

Think he means JO:E...

Download Teamspeak from here http://www.goteamspeak.com/downloads.php
You need a mic and preferbly Headphones but speakers will do.

Install the Teamspeak and when prompted for a server type in 82.43.45.11 - choose any username and hit connect. We will register you on the server if you wanna register, if not then no big deal.

Then when we play JO:E we will host the server on our game server. Name of server is normaly NSD CLAN SERVER but its not dedicated as we have a dedicated AAO server.

I would still download AAO though as its a good game to play and Hack!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif @hack.....NSD you cracked me up playing yesterday with those hacks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Well nothing like free entertainment...

I had one half of the Server saying to me kick that hacker admin (me - the hack allows you to act like admin, devs, punk buster or AASA)

Whilst the other half of the server where flaming the gullible "kick that hacker twonks" that he is the hacker...

Turned into a right e-drama. Too funny. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif