AMD Remap for a 2.0FSI..... is it worth it???

I

imported_tobycruse

Just what the subject says really. AMD charge £411 for a remap of a 2.0fsi, gives and extra 15bhp and 10 - 15 torque.....

Would it be worth it??
Would you feel the difference??

10-15bhp won't feel too much different.

However, it may improve the driveabilty, which can make a big difference.

We do a map for the R32 which on paper doesn't give huge increases in power , 15-20 bhp, but it transforms the way the car drives, smoother throttle resonse etc etc.

Interesting...... Just being a student at the mo is hard to find £411..... So im just trying to see if its worth it.....

to be honest, there are hardly any cheap tuning modifications for NA cars that are worth doing (i.e. noticable improvements), unless your going to do the lot and get a healthy HP increase.

All the routes to big power involve new engine managemt and/or a turbo conversion.

of course, if your handy with a dremel, and dont need your car for a few days, you could always port and polish your head and manifold. Depending on the job you do you could release upto about 15, maybe 20 hp.

You'd be wasting your money as well if you get your car remapped before you get any mods done, as it'll need re-mapping again as soon as you improve another aspect of the engine.

Well, the air filter has been changed and the exhaust is a power flow so would it be worth it as i have done those other mods?

I've been told November, but I was told August........

They will have to produce soon or people will stop taking them seriously, and I won't have a demonstrator!

It's complicated as they've had to change a considerable number of elements as part of the upgrade to the EDC16 ecu etc. CAN, USB just to name a few.

All the dealers will have to have their REVO cables changed, the credit and cable logs tranferred.

As a logistical excercise its not to be taken lightly.

And I'd rather they got it right first time. So waiting a little longer should be worth it as I believe they will be the only switchable maps for the new ecus. And as all the new 2.0 cars are less than 3 years old and still under warranty.......

That wasn't meant to be a sales pitch, it just came out that way.

[ QUOTE ]
Interesting...... Just being a student at the mo is hard to find £411..... So im just trying to see if its worth it.....

[/ QUOTE ]

WOT, and you drive a brand new A3!!!

man, 10 years working suddenly feels worthless.

Whether the minor mods (e.g. air filter, exhaust, not forgetting the classic stage 1 conversion, the brick on the accelerator) are done first is generally irrelevant as the ecus are adaptive.

If the breathing of the engine is improved the adaptive characterictics of the ecu will adapt for the additional air mass. Even fuel quality is adapted to but more slowly, hence its better to set the timing manually and allow for adaption around the new setting.

The mods which require to be done before any remap are internal elements and fuelling components e.g. new turbo, camshaft, fpr (for the 1.8T engine) etc..

Guys it really isnt worthe re mapping a NON TURBO car i know you may get 10-20 bhp and torque

but i bet you wont notice the difference !!!

Best bet is to get a 2.0 TDI and enjoy the gains - they will happen and they will be big , but give them time to get them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I have a 3.2 V6 its a old engine and Audi have done what they can with it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

SO basicly the new turbo engines that come out are far more prone to more increases in power than the old ones !!!