AMD or REVO CAI?

wanton

Reaction score
Hi All,
Since my new Insurance company will cover a non standard air filter :) Any opinions on which one has more airflow? There does not seem to be any figures for the AMD CAI only the REVO. S3ALEX feel free to chime please lol. I believe you have had two different CAI now?

Cheers.

Hi there....

I've had the original Forge(the one before the Twintake) and the ITG.

I don't think there's a huge percentage between most if not all of the decent CAI systems,and the biggest limitations after the CAI has been changed are:

1.Stock turbo
2.Stock intercooler
3.MAF housing.

The MAF housing is a fixed narrowing in the intake system,and one you can't do much about.

Both the Revo and AMD are well made,and most importantly,very smoothly curved,giving you the minimum chance of turbulence in the airflow,which is a major source of flow limitation.

I'd be happy with either of them.....I'm looking at having AMD make up a custom version,as the turbo downpipe etc on mine won't fit either currently.

I had the ITG intake on before the Revo and here is my 2p

I chose ITG initially as revo helped develop it around 2009. I had my S3 mapped at Edition 38 that year and was talking to Kev about intakes. He showed me the ITG on their K1 Cupra at the time and was able to tell me that the ITG drew in 4-5g/s more air than the EVOMS or Dbilas intake at the time. SOLD!

Then revo, along with pipercross, developed their own intake. I took the plunge after reading good reviews and feedback from my tuners. On a test run that we did back to back, the revo intake drew in 9 g/s more than the ITG (in relatively same conditions) which equates to roughly 12bhp OVER the ITG.

I love my Revo intake, looks awesome, sounds amazing and the performance difference is/was surprising!

Well worth it!

Reactions: RedDejavu
The Neuspeed P-flo is coming off next week.....

I'll be bringing a different intake to the equation.......It's gonna look sweeeeet.

:rockwoot:

I have the Revo intake and it is a very nice bit of kit. Much more responsive over the stock airbox and it sounds very good. I can't comment on the AMD offering though.

I have the AMD intake and its a very good piece of kit and very well made

I had the ITG intake on before the Revo and here is my 2p

I chose ITG initially as revo helped develop it around 2009. I had my S3 mapped at Edition 38 that year and was talking to Kev about intakes. He showed me the ITG on their K1 Cupra at the time and was able to tell me that the ITG drew in 4-5g/s more air than the EVOMS or Dbilas intake at the time. SOLD!

Then revo, along with pipercross, developed their own intake. I took the plunge after reading good reviews and feedback from my tuners. On a test run that we did back to back, the revo intake drew in 9 g/s more than the ITG (in relatively same conditions) which equates to roughly 12bhp OVER the ITG.

I love my Revo intake, looks awesome, sounds amazing and the performance difference is/was surprising!

Well worth it!

Thanks for the info Boydie. Exactly the advise I was looking for. Looks like I will be going for the REVO CAI unless anyone has any info to suggest the AMD one has more airflow.

Last edited:
It'll be interesting to read how it fairs

Just to clarify, when I say 'I' will be bring a different intake to the equation, I don't mean that I've made it or designed it!

I've not seen a single person with it.

It was tested on a Leon, Rolling roaded, they found a base BHP value, intake was put on, second run it gained 19bhp on the same dyno an hour later....

When I recieve it, and I'm happy with the quality etc, I'll post up about it :)

Only a handful have been made, I've organised with the chap that if you'd like one, to go through me, and you'll recieve it a little cheaper.

(around £250 including heat shield)

Just to clarify, when I say 'I' will be bring a different intake to the equation, I don't mean that I've made it or designed it!

I've not seen a single person with it.

It was tested on a Leon, Rolling roaded, they found a base BHP value, intake was put on, second run it gained 19bhp on the same dyno an hour later....

When I recieve it, and I'm happy with the quality etc, I'll post up about it :)

Only a handful have been made, I've organised with the chap that if you'd like one, to go through me, and you'll recieve it a little cheaper.

(around £250 including heat shield)
I am purely saying on a tuning level for the forum members,if we have more options and figures then it helps all looking for them.

I have my choice but at 400 quid plus some may want a more economical choice which is fair enough

£400 is far too much in my opinion, made expensive just because of the name.

Yes it's effective, but no more than say ITG?

If the quality of the one I've got coming is awesome, which I'm very sure it will be, then at the price, he's going to have to start a production line.

Reactions: voorhees
£400 is far too much in my opinion, made expensive just because of the name.

Yes it's effective, but no more than say ITG?

If the quality of the one I've got coming is awesome, which I'm very sure it will be, then at the price, he's going to have to start a production line.

The revo intake drew in 9 g/s more than the ITG (in relatively same conditions) which equates to roughly 12bhp OVER the ITG.

You need to read the posts :) I did and yes 400 is not cheap but hey I have not got a Fiat sitting on my drive so economy is not first on my list,I do sincerely hope these come good

Reactions: S.
Missed that! I'm using my phone haha

How much did Revo's intake gain from a standard airbox on a standard car? can't seem to find the answer on my phone!

In and around 20bhp I think from memory - will depend on conditions, map settings, fuel and health of the car.

So 19bhp from this one I'm expecting tomorrow....is frightfully good value then....

My choice

IMAG0135_zps8ae46ecb.jpg

£349 delivered

As the 2 mounting points at the back are now gone due to fitting heat shield, how does that engine cover fix on?

Just by the front 2 mounts?

Or are you not running heat shields?

You do not need a heat sheild for the revo since the pipe is ceramic coated.

The engine cover is secured on top of the head via 3 bung type screws - two at the back which are longer and from the TTS and a small stubby one at the front also from the TTS