Ambient light

Mastachaz

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I was wondering what type of ambient light s3 has without extended light pack ?

the standard lighting in my S3 has door cards, footwell and centre phone storage illuminated, you can't adjust the colour (white) as this is the extra strip lighting you get in door cards and strip along full length of dash with the extra amb pack, you can adjust the brightness but its not very bright

Reactions: Brian Leslie
the standard lighting in my S3 has door cards, footwell and centre phone storage illuminated, you can't adjust the colour (white) as this is the extra strip lighting you get in door cards and strip along full length of dash with the extra amb pack, you can adjust the brightness but its not very bright
thanks can you post some photos ? or maybe even video

If you've not ordered your car yet I would 100% say add the ambient lighting pack it's very cheap for what it is.

The car looks super dark without it here are some photos of a car without:

Attachments

• IMG-20210407-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20210407-WA0002.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 426
  • IMG-20210407-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20210407-WA0001.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 369
Reactions: Mastachaz
sorry about quality and will try get some better ones when get more time but here are a few pics of the standard S3 lighting, very subtle and not very bright but I've never missed what I haven't got, I didn't get the chance to option the extra pack on mine, if I'm being honest I probably would have due to the minimal cost, although I think I would have it a white or pale blue and quite low as not a massive fan of loads of bright light in the cabin at night, but know plenty of guys love the extra lights, hope they help

wow nothing on the dash ?
no mate, I know its subjective but with the virtual cockpit and large screen I've never felt it is so dark that its been an issue, yeah the additional light pack would have been nice and a bonus but would have never been a deal breaker for me personally.

Reactions: AdamInKent and Mastachaz
Yes i check what they have used , only few has that ambient pack wich its only 100 pounds , so shame , new its too expensive for me :)
one without puts me off

Agree it should be standard on most models and for the cost a no brainer if you have the chance to spec it, unfortunately I wasn't in that position so it is what it is and for me not a massive deal, but others will be put off

for me it is :) i want modern design plus some light etc wich my current 8v facelift dont have :)

for the cost a no brainer if you have the chance to spec it
But there are quite a few “for the cost it’s a no brainier” options and if you select them all then it adds up :p

For me, the S-Line alloy wheel upgrade and spare wheel took priority; and next in line would have been the storage pack upgrade. All of which are a similar, tempting, price.

Reactions: Brian Leslie and JohnM100
But there are quite a few “for the cost it’s a no brainier” options and if you select them all then it adds up :p

For me, the S-Line alloy wheel upgrade and spare wheel took priority; and next in line would have been the storage pack upgrade. All of which are a similar, tempting, price.
yeah I fully agree, that's Audi for you (as well as most manufacturers these days) in the end it comes down to what's more important to you, I had the option of a potential 4-6 month wait for a new factory order, spec exactly as I wanted, but when adding pan roof, lighting, wheels, c&s etc etc it gets more than I wanted to pay (at the time, Dec20 Audi were also stating due to leaving EU on 1st Jan these times could be extended and the prices quoted could change due to new tariffs if delivery wasn't before March, which it wouldn't have been), wait for a vorsprung which had everything I wanted but things I didn't want for way more money. in the end it came down to two options, a launch edition with matrix lights, B&O, ambient light pack and 19" alloys but the dreaded 1x usb 1x usb-c with older software which has had a lot of problems (I didn't know at the time) or a cancelled factory order that was due in UK in 2 weeks in the right colour, comfort and sound, new build software 2x usb-c, I was changing alloys anyway so this was the best option for me and the deal was significantly better as it was a cancelled order. yeah things I would have liked but 99% happy and the extra 1% not worth the additional cost. but that's just me, I appreciate other guys see it diff and totally respect their views and opinions too.

Reactions: AdamInKent
What is it with everyone wanting the inside of their car to look like a nightclub these days?

Reactions: Brian Leslie and AdamInKent
What is it with everyone wanting the inside of their car to look like a nightclub these days?
LOL! I thought this when seeing the A-Class ambient lighting :)

The Audi one is much more subtle in my opinion

Reactions: Sparks43
LOL! I thought this when seeing the A-Class ambient lighting :)

The Audi one is much more subtle in my opinion
I wasn’t having a go at the A3 specifically but it does seem to be a growing trend. Have watched plenty of POV videos where the disco lights inside the car make it harder to see what’s going on outside the car.

Reactions: Brian Leslie, Sparks43 and AdamInKent
As Auzzam said it's a little more subtle as long as you don't have it on full brightness and a laree colour - My Mark 4 Golf back in 2002 had the Blue Dash which was very nice to drive with, so I've changed the Contours etc to the blue on medium brightness in my S3 and it does make the cabin a little nicer than just the white but that's just my opinion

Personally I think it should be standard anyway as it's £100 and they could just lose that in the price especially since they've just increased the price by £490 but haven't solved a load of issues with the car

I'm sorry to say this but the difference the extended interior lighting package definitely is worth the extra money.
It just transforms the night ambiance of the car.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-04-21 at 12.29.52.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-04-21 at 12.29.52.jpeg
    84.5 KB · Views: 300
i got s3 with ambient and yes it worth every single peny if you dont like you ca switch it off

On trims below S-line (Sport (mine) and Technik), there is no ambient lights of any sort (eg...superdark footwell) and even the courtesy lights are old school halogen.

• Sad
Reactions: shadowzz
I had the multi colour led’s on my Cupra. They do look good but I set mine to blue and they stayed that way for 3 years.