ambient light retro fit

doug.p

Reaction score
hi
am considering this mod
on flea bay there is a cabrio light fitting with ambient allready installed
would this be a straight swap for my a4 avant ?
if not should i just go with the kits on ebay

Just by it from audi about £9 (the led board the fits inside the light)

and there a how to on hear some where

Last edited:
The LED insert, i did this to mine one dinner time, took longer to get the drill out and the right size bit than actually doing the mod.

It worked out cheaper getting the insert from the stealers

The LED insert, i did this to mine one dinner time, took longer to get the drill out and the right size bit than actually doing the mod.

It worked out cheaper getting the insert from the stealers

Can you but the plastic also (with the holes already in) - So you don't need to drill holes in the plastic, as i've heard that the led's can hang out slightly?!

Can you but the plastic also (with the holes already in) - So you don't need to drill holes in the plastic, as i've heard that the led's can hang out slightly?!

Probably, but it would be exactly the same as the one you have, just with the holes drilled for you... It's dead easy to drill and there's no way the LEDs will hang out as they clip into place behind the plastic cover

When you're drilling you're best to do it quickly rather than using a slow drill speed so as to leave a cleaner finish.

Last edited:
Its the easiest mod you can do.

The kits are good as they come with detailed insructions, however all you need to do is open the panel take it down and drill 2 holes.(quickly)

And then clip the leds in and put everything back, done!