Facelift Amazon Music via MMI

davemk

Reaction score
Hi all.

Is there any chance that someone could give me an idiot's guide for how to use Amazon Music via the MMI?

So far, I've tried to connect via Android Auto but the connector on my phone must be loose because the cable drops out and obviously loses connection.

I've used the MyAudi app and connected to the car's WiFi but it doesn't actually load Amazon Music (the logo does appear though).

I'm feeling totally clueless as to how to get it to work.

My car has the tech pack, which I now know isn't a full data hotspot (despite the misleading - IMO - literature), but it does say that you can run Amazon Music through Connect. How though??

Never used Amazon music, however I use Spotify regularly and all I do is select my phone in the media menu and start Spotify on my phone. When you connect your phone via Bluetooth you must ensure you have selected all the connection options.

Pretty sure I've done that but I'll check. Are you streaming using your data on your phone, or the Connect SIM?

Data on my phone, although most of what I listen to tends to be downloaded so even with a poor signal I can still continue to listen.

I have Amazon music working.

You need to login to Amazon - you do this through the Services on the My Audi app. Also ensure that you're phone is connected to the MMI through WiFi. Make sure you also have a data connection - I use Bluetooth rsap (android).

Great when it works!

I have Amazon music working.

You need to login to Amazon - you do this through the Services on the My Audi app. Also ensure that you're phone is connected to the MMI through WiFi. Make sure you also have a data connection - I use Bluetooth rsap (android).

Great when it works!

I'm logged in via the app and connected through WiFi. It just says there's a problem connecting and to try later. I'll give it another go today.