Amar Akoya's A3 build (panoramic roof retrofit)

There walks a real man who says what he likes and likes what he ****** well says (in a yorkshire accent)

Awesome mod :applaus:

IMG-20110919-00254.jpg

If it was me doing this mod, its at this stage I would've had a sinking feeling in my stomach and said....
"Hmmmm... maybe this wasn't such a good idea after all". :think::sos:

Reactions: poli84
Hats off to you for this Amar, well done my friend. It takes a person of real steel and guts to do something like that. But to be honest, I'm happier the fact you've got an S3 front bumper, as the votex is just AWFUL man.

Well done and keep up the good work.

lol iv skipped the old bumper :D and thanks

Holy hell man, that is absolutely insane.
Like others have said, that has got to be gutsiest mod I have ever seen.
Well done for having the balls to do it. Looks great.

Have you noticed a difference in the car? Is it creaking or rattling?

at the time i didnt think of the worse i thort of the good :D

yea took the car for a good test drive no rattling or creaking or draft coming when doing high speed.

Balls of steel mate! Well done for pulling it off

Quick q - does the RS3 rear valance fit straight on? And where did you get it from and roughly how much? TIA

noe wasnt a strght fit, was alot of cutting involed to get it to fit right.

WOW! what else can i say?? thats amazing work there bro!
where are the other mods? you need some shots of the interior! and get a few close ups on the RS3 bits!

cant wait to see this in person bro... you need to come down asap!

thanks Ash, yea will get interior pics up once when i get the cluster sorted, will post more pics of the RS3

Amar.... effort-wise, mod of the year. :applaus:

Please will you impregnate me.

lool

GRAFT is what's gone into this. Hands on doing stuff yourself is always a better feeling at the end. You've done great on this, hardly anyone said about the RS3 parts!! Looks great

yea thats true always a better feeling when you done something yourself :D.

Absolutely amazing job; well done. That's gotta be the bravest mod on an A3 I've ever seen.

Do you resemble this bloke?

nope, lol

If it was me doing this mod, its at this stage I would've had a sinking feeling in my stomach and said....
"Hmmmm... maybe this wasn't such a good idea after all". :think::sos:

trust me the feelings i had wasnt good, but at the end it got there and it was well worth it :D

You know my thoughts after various discussions :), I always respect this kind of passion & work going into these things, great, fantastic job, but lose the wheels & the mirrors in black are nice, but definitely doesnt work with the brushed grill fella, you need both in the same colour imho.

You know my thoughts after various discussions :), I always respect this kind of passion & work going into these things, great, fantastic job, but lose the wheels & the mirrors in black are nice, but definitely doesnt work with the brushed grill fella, you need both in the same colour imho.

thanks Nige, yea Nigel those 2 things are on top of the list, wheels, orig alu mirrors (got the driver side just on the hunt for the pass) and lowring it, i may go for alu roof bars but not sure about them atm.

Damn Amar!!!!!! I wasn't thinking you'd cut your car in half when you said watch what I've done to mine in the pm :scared2::moa:

I don't think anyone on ASN will ever pull of a mod the EPIC! I mean that too... I've seen some lovely cars on here but in terms of sheer EPIC-NESS you've got to be way out front....

And I was worried when they were doing my 2010 conversion, loooool :eyebrows:

Great work bro

edit> Def black mirrors grill and new anthracite rims ftw!

Last edited:
well done mate cracking job i love the pan am roof but nothing is worth that much effort imo. some of those pics made me want to cry. but seriously well ****** done

i am deleting my sunroof and you are putting an open sky roof :D everyone's taste is different but in the end you made a very good job.
keep up the good work mate :icon_thumright:

amar... just had an idea... get a 2010 front conversion :p
might have been easier to make the car a convertable!

I had 2 thoughts of my own - retro mag ride (never been done AFAIK - a new toy but as Nigel says, is it worth it??) or even mooted a C30 rotex supercharger - no lag, mmmmm

after this though, whats the point LOL

amar... just had an idea... get a 2010 front conversion :p

will be honest, iv never really fancied the 2010 front, maybe lata but its douts,

i am deleting my sunroof and you are putting an open sky roof :D everyone's taste is different but in the end you made a very good job.
keep up the good work mate :icon_thumright:

get in there mate, i wouldnt mind doin it agen :D yours is a 3door?..
sure i seen another panoramic roof for sale on ebay a while ago.. any1 intersted? il source it out

might have been easier to make the car a convertable!

I had 2 thoughts of my own - retro mag ride (never been done AFAIK - a new toy but as Nigel says, is it worth it??) or even mooted a C30 rotex supercharger - no lag, mmmmm

after this though, whats the point LOL
A3 SPORTBACK will never look right in a convertible, but am more then happy to try it out on your car Ewan? :hubbahubba:

Thats mental dude! fair play for getting it done tho, I agree with Ads, mod of the year imo! Take the crazy to the next level, do it on a 3dr lol!

will be honest, iv never really fancied the 2010 front, maybe lata but its douts,

get in there mate, i wouldnt mind doin it agen :D yours is a 3door?..
sure i seen another panoramic roof for sale on ebay a while ago.. any1 intersted? il source it out

A3 SPORTBACK will never look right in a convertible, but am more then happy to try it out on your car Ewan? :hubbahubba:
good point, forgot its a sportsback LOL

you can do it on photo bucket , once you have uploaded the photo click on it , then hover on the photo there should be a few things up in the left hand top corner saying edit/resize etc... just click on edit and go nuts on there lol

Amazing upgrade, you must be very pleased with the outcome and overall look of your sportback.

Reminds me of my old sportback with open sky and roof rails, also in silver. Which has now gone; :(

Any progress my Friend ?

nope not yet tbh, got my new 19" ttrs reps, sportline 50/40 and my RS6 grill just no time to fit them atm and it to cold :( slowly getting there :D

Amazing upgrade, you must be very pleased with the outcome and overall look of your sportback.

Reminds me of my old sportback with open sky and roof rails, also in silver. Which has now gone; :(

thanks mate, have you got any pics? :p

Jesus H Christ you've got some balls to take a grinder to your car and mod it soo heavily!!!
Fantastic job!!!

still need to change the mirrors, and put on the rear audi bagde. iv got my 50/40 springs but not sure on lowring the car now, but i will be fitting my rs6 grill when the weather gets better :D

IMG-20111223-00047.jpg

before you say Nige the mirrors are getting changed lol.. you guys rekon i should get chrome roof rails?

Top work, your roof conversion for me was the most amazing mod of 2011, and with the TTRS rims it's looking sweet.

Can't make up my mind whether chrome roof rails to go with chrome grille, or black grille and stick with the rails you have.

Epic car.

TBH Amar, I think the black grill surround would finish it of perfectly tbh, leave mirrors as is, also if you keep it blacked up as such, then keep roof bars as is.

If you keep grill, then chrome bars with alum covers.

Looks Sick as it is bro like nigel says get a black grill surround and keep the mirrors the same colour all fits in with the open sky

Looking good bro. Did you get a chance to do my favour?

bro do what i said to you on BBM about the grill! im telling you it will look epic!

oh and if you dont use the springs then send them my way :)

Top work, your roof conversion for me was the most amazing mod of 2011, and with the TTRS rims it's looking sweet.

Can't make up my mind whether chrome roof rails to go with chrome grille, or black grille and stick with the rails you have.

Epic car.

thanks Warren :D glad you like the work.. am not sure what to do chrome/silver or gloss black, iv got silver on the rs3 diffuser/spoiler an i like that dont want to change them to black.

TBH Amar, I think the black grill surround would finish it of perfectly tbh, leave mirrors as is, also if you keep it blacked up as such, then keep roof bars as is.

If you keep grill, then chrome bars with alum covers.

hmmm... wich one do i chose?

Looks Sick as it is bro like nigel says get a black grill surround and keep the mirrors the same colour all fits in with the open sky

thanks bro..

Looking good bro. Did you get a chance to do my favour?

thanks bro.. sorry what was the favour agen:huh: sorry been busy ..

bro do what i said to you on BBM about the grill! im telling you it will look epic!

oh and if you dont use the springs then send them my way :)

yeap read your bbm, hmm il let you kno about springs :D

I don't know...but the RS3 rep alloys look out of place on a 8p2 . "my point of view" What's needed is a 8p3 conversion at the front if u ask me. other then that it's one of the most unique modded car on asn with the skyline feature.

WOW i only just seen this thread. Hats off to you Amar you are one brave lad. Finished results looks awesome. well done mate.

I don't know...but the RS3 rep alloys look out of place on a 8p2 .

I've got to agree with this. To the untrained eye it probably looks fine, but because I only see these wheels on 8P3 S3s and RS3s it looks too "thrown together" when on an 8P2.

Don't get me wrong, they don't look nasty, but they just don't match the rest of the car, imo.

Damn I'm a hypocrite! My car has an 8P2 front, an 8P3 rear, and A5 wheels! :laugh:

What's needed is a 8p3 conversion at the front if u ask me.

Spot on too.

I don't know...but the RS3 rep alloys look out of place on a 8p2 . "my point of view" What's needed is a 8p3 conversion at the front if u ask me. other then that it's one of the most unique modded car on asn with the skyline feature.

if i was to do a 8p3 conversion i would change the color of the car to pink :p 8p3 got more of a women’s look, don’t kno why but i personally think 8p2 with and without xenons looks more beasty :).. no offense to the 8p3's

I didn’t kno what else to choose an my budget is tight with the car now as av spent loads on it

WOW i only just seen this thread. Hats off to you Amar you are one brave lad. Finished results looks awesome. well done mate.

adss, 8p3 in pink 8p3 in akoya? nahh wouldn’t look as good as 8p2 picture it ;).. an plus 8p3 conversion is to much ££ to do