Amalfi White

brad9753

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am sure this has been asked a million times, and I have searched this forum and have found the photos available but I am still undecided. Is there anybody else who have any? The internet seems pretty limited on photos as well.

From the photos I have seen it does not seem to cream. So thats fine. I have also seen an A1 2013 model in the car park at work, also looks good. But today on the motor way I saw a 2012 S3 and it looked much creamer then I though, so am confused!

Hello Brad,

You could look at the thread I started - 3 days till Collection. I have posted several photos in there of my car in amalfi. MiT / Gweneira and Chester have all posted photos of their cars in amalfi white. Had the same thoughts as yourself. I can post more for you if it helps. Let me know.

Steve

Hi Steve, thanks for directing me to those. Missed them. Would be good if you had any more? In high res?
So you don't feel it is to cream? Because it certainly looks it in the brochure on the colour page. And I saw on on the road not long ago and it looked it. Maybe due to the cloud day?

I have seen Steve's car in person, got to be honest, it looks cracking in Amalfi, not sure I would bother getting the metallic white instead.

Brad,

Amalfi white is certainly an off white colour and is certainly ascentuated on an overcast day. Having said that, it is still relatively bright on a grey day. In direct sunlight, amalfi white is certainly white and in my opinion gets closer to the Ibis white that Audi do.

If you are to put an Audi in amalfi white next to a Mini Cooper in the beige/cream colour they do, the amalfi is certainly not cream and is vibrant.

Clearly if you have three audis parked side by side in glacier, ibis and amalfi white, the latter will appear more creamy. A family member said to me, amalfi is almost ivory in its colouring. Not so sure myself if this is a fair description. I think Ibis is the more natural white colour that Audi do but unfortunately it was not available to the new A3 Sportback. Glacier white will have a metalic blue/grey hue to it on a darker/overcast day.

I think the more popular choice has been the glacier white. I really do like the glacier but for me (too late to change) the amalfi is different and fairly unique. However, I do think Mercedes and BMW do a white comparable to Amalfi.

I have only taken photos from my iphone. Will need to dust off my dig camera for photos. If you live in my region I would be happy for you to see the car to make a better assessment.

I would certainly recommend going to an Audi dealership and looking at the amalfi in the flesh. Quite alot of A1's are in that colour although that does not necessarily give you an idea if considering the A3 as I found.

Here you go

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 928
I pondered the same question but went with the glacial white as it is lovely in contrast with the trademark black audi grill.

I'm cleaning the car today Brad so will try and get some more photos taken.

Hi Brad, i have an S line SB in Amalfi. It was delivered at the beginning of May, i will try and upload some photo's for you. If my posting works you can compare the Amalfi white against the mineral white of my M Sport convertible in one of the pictures. Looks cream when its dark and white in the sun shine. Hope this works :)

Reactions: SJW
These photos have just made me extremely happy with my choice, thanks very much!

Reactions: SJW
nice pics meatfly :)

looks so different with the roof bars compared to mine

any chance of sharing the pics on these thread?

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3-8v-chassis/190281-amalfi-white-picture-thread.html

should be self explanatory as to why :)

thanks

Thanks, yeah the roof rails make it look more like an Avant and make it look a bit longer. It replaced a B8 Avant S Line and we liked the look of that so decided to go with them. Will post the pics on the above thread now.....

Reactions: MiT