Amalfi White or Scuba Blue

• Amalfi White

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Scuba Blue

Votes: 28 90.3%

• Total voters

Sukhy

Reaction score
Hi all, I've been searching for quite some time now for a used 8V and I've came across two that I like..apart from the colours. They have all the spec I want and are reasonably priced. The only thing I am not sure about is the colour of both of them as they wouldn't be my number one choice if buying new. If you had to choose, which would you go for? It seems that Amalfi is more popular but I've seen some really dull looking cars today with this colour, all of them were A1's mind you. Then the scuba blue, I think that colour gets dirty really quickly.. :haudrauf:

Amalfi is an awful colour, clotted cream colour.. avoid!

Scuba Blue isn't all that great, it's 'doom blue' but would be my preference. I think you would get fed up with Scuba after a while.

Reactions: Jassyo06, TDI-line and Sukhy
When you are taking the motor trade. I used to use it all the time for any dark blue car that was , flat, metallic or pearlescent. I didn't really matter to be honest dark blue was always doom. Basically they sit on the forecourt for a long time bringing doom to the business manager.

That being said I would take it over amalfi and then complain for ever that it showed the scratches. This is from someone who likes white cars and picks one up in a couple of weeks. Amalfi is just too cream for me..

Reactions: Jassyo06, AudiNutta and Sukhy
Scuba is so under-rated...

Ignore the pic....the car in the video is Scuba.

Reactions: Sukhy
When I ordered I considered Scuba blue. I like the colour plus its very rare to see it on an A3, or any Audi for that matter.

Scuba blue is nice but as I was choosing I went Nano Grey

Reactions: AudiNutta and Sukhy
Oh dear - I rather like Amalfi - a bit different from the very white whites!! I would have chosen it for mine, but my wife always wanted a red car and so that's what we got.
Mind you I do love the Brilliant Red!

Scuba blue is a really nice colour. It looks so different each time the light changes. :)

Reactions: Jassyo06, deltapapa, Sukhy and 1 other person
Mine is a scuba! so nice colour.. change with the light also! have a look at the pictures on my profile ;)

White is free and part of the base colour I think. Scuba blue is an optional extra. Sepang is sought after but Scuba scubs up well. Minus the IG filters...
b7d2a1891eaaa8f110d946aeb081696c.jpg
2226dbfbb1a8a3baebe7f5de64815da6.jpg

Sent from my ZTE A2017G using Tapatalk

Reactions: MattSedg, Audi Bairn and Sukhy
Here it is mine with the black pack included in different sun shades ;)
IMG 1312
IMG 1311

Reactions: Jassyo06, AudiNutta, CHCCubs and 3 others
Wow, thanks for the comments everyone. I was out at Audi today to have another look at both of these colours and I have to say, the Scuba Blue is definitely the better one out of the two. However, I wasn't impressed enough to want one, even on the way home when I saw a Scuba 8V it just seemed dull. Think I've got my heart set on Glacier, Daytona or Black so I guess the search continues!

Reactions: AudiNutta and Tom.H
Do Glacier or Daytona....once you've had Black you won't go back (cleaning obsession) lol

Reactions: Jassyo06
Haha, yeah they're my preferred colours. My last car was a Deep Black Pearl MK6 Golf and damn was it a pain to keep clean, not only that it looked terrible in the sun because I don't have a DA polisher. I think if I end up with Black it'll be getting a stage 3 detail and then taken to my detailing friend who can clean it everytime.

Reactions: PanamaS3
@Sukhy - Wise choice buddy, always best to pick the colour you really want otherwise you might regret it. Glacier really is a nice colour, well I would say that as I pick mine up in a couple of weeks...! :)

Reactions: AudiNutta, Sukhy and PanamaS3
Amalfi White is sometimes referred to as "Toilet Seat" white within the Audi community. Personally I think it looks ok'ish, but when you park next to a true white coloured vehicle the colour does begin look funny.

Ara is where it's all going on.

Reactions: Ron240, Jassyo06 and MattSedg
Scuba blue is nice but I'm not really a fan of any dark colours.

P1030984.jpg

When you are taking the motor trade. I used to use it all the time for any dark blue car that was , flat, metallic or pearlescent. I didn't really matter to be honest dark blue was always doom. Basically they sit on the forecourt for a long time bringing doom to the business manager.

That being said I would take it over amalfi and then complain for ever that it showed the scratches. This is from someone who likes white cars and picks one up in a couple of weeks. Amalfi is just too cream for me..

You are a man on my taste by the seems of it :D

Amalfi White.... I bought mine off the forecourt and it wouldnt be an order that I would make, but I do really like it. Its more noticeable next to a white car, but I think it suits the style of the A3 Sline

870815F4-9B7A-41AE-BF07-B1D9B2FE08CF.jpg

F9D5F27B-E7AD-4411-99A1-1B48709B7B8B.jpg

Reactions: PanamaS3, pnicholas79, James.B8 and 1 other person
As much as the Scuba looks good in the pictures, it just wasn't appealing to see in person. Amalfi white was too cream for me as well. I've seen a Phantom Black A3 now, hopefully all going well I'll be enquiring about it tomorrow morning!

White is free and part of the base colour I think. Scuba blue is an optional extra. Sepang is sought after but Scuba scubs up well. Minus the IG filters...
b7d2a1891eaaa8f110d946aeb081696c.jpg

Sent from my ZTE A2017G using Tapatalk
Hi
Can you please show us rear diffuser? I need exactly dat one :)

Hi
Can you please show us rear diffuser? I need exactly dat one :)

Thats a single exit, S-Line diffuser mate. Normal, standard S-Line trim. Going off his "signature" i would say its single exit exhaust based on it being a 1.4 but cant properly tell in the photo.

Thats a single exit, S-Line diffuser mate. Normal, standard S-Line trim. Going off his "signature" i would say its single exit exhaust based on it being a 1.4 but cant properly tell in the photo.
There must be even twin exh. I've seen many audis on the roads with twins.. and such diffusers ..
I asked him to make rear photo

I love scuba but find it hard to keep clean. I did have an Ibis white 8P which was glorious but found the new white options on the 8V just weren’t as nice so went Daytona. Good luck with your choice.

There must be even twin exh. I've seen many audis on the roads with twins.. and such diffusers ..
I asked him to make rear photo

1.4 petrol engoine im pretty sure would be single exhaust exit. Twin exhaust exit is with higher output engines. 2.0tdi, 2.0tfsi for example have twin exhaust exit. Just go on ebay and check some images for different engine variants.

Definitely Scuba for the A3. Amalfi doesn’t work well with the shape of the A3.....Glacier although is a different thing altogether!

Notice no one mentioned red. Is there a reason?

1.4 petrol engoine im pretty sure would be single exhaust exit. Twin exhaust exit is with higher output engines. 2.0tdi, 2.0tfsi for example have twin exhaust exit. Just go on ebay and check some images for different engine variants.
nothing found that's why I wrote here only garbage ppl putting on ebay .. crap get rid of and the best keeping for themselves

So it does! Haha!
yeah but from 2017 -2020 and they won't fit in 2015 ..
but I saw 2016 nice chrome one can't find it anymore..

EDIT: haha I found single exhaust. I have checked part number which is 8V3807521AA and I just tried to put instead of last A B and voilaaa found the right part numer :D 8V3807521AB

Attachments

• Custom720.jpg
    Custom720.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 286
Last edited:
yeah but from 2017 -2020 and they won't fit in 2015 ..
but I saw 2016 nice chrome one can't find it anymore..

EDIT: haha I found single exhaust. I have checked part number which is 8V3807521AA and I just tried to put instead of last A B and voilaaa found the right part numer :D 8V3807521AB

Not sure what you are trying to get, but the 1.4 COD in 2015 definitely has twin pipes on one side. Has the chrome tailpipes as standard so should be part numbers for them

Reactions: Ormesome