Amalfi White Picture Thread

MiT

Work Hard, Play harder!!
Reaction score
I thought it would be nice to have a thread just on Amalfi White A3's since it is a new colour on the A3 and not much people have seen any. Plus there seems to be quite a few question recently about it. I was in the same boat when I also considering and had to go on the looks of the A1's. But it would have been nice to see an A3. I think it is also popular since it is a free colour option and not the usually colour you see on the street either.

I know we have to post pics on the picture thread. But sometimes you can get lost in there.

It would be great if everyone else also added there Amalfi pictures too, also with items in the background so that people can get an idea of the contrast and white balance would also help, since every light condition and white balance on camera's are slightly different.

Some info on the car might also help.

so here is mine :)

A3 2.0 TDi S- Line, standard suspension.
These pictures where taken on the first day of delivery and had less than 16 miles on the clock. You can see the white snow in the background shows the car has a slight cream tint to it.

I will take some more with a DSL camera when i get a chance.

This is after several miles of driving, so not on the same day as above.
A1 in same colour and also a S-Line at a supermarket car park. Shame i took the pic from a slight angle, make the A1 look bigger :)

Reactions: TDI-line, kendo, SJW and 2 others
Hi Mit, Great looking colour, could you confirm your suspension, Please, you say standard, is that s line?
Have opted for SE setup on my s line, but thinking abut ride height, and the difference between the different setups, think i still have time to make changes, i'm on build wk 29 just now

Hi Mit, Great looking colour, could you confirm your suspension, Please, you say standard, is that s line?
Have opted for SE setup on my s line, but thinking abut ride height, and the difference between the different setups, think i still have time to make changes, i'm on build wk 29 just now

hi, i didn't go for the firmer s-line and i didn't go for softer version. The one in the middle. So i used the default option.
I hope that helps.

Its was a safe choice i guess, i wanted some comfort as well as good looks and a decent ride round corners

Thanks, car looks good with that set up, will have to make my mind up!

Photo

Reactions: MiT
Hey SJW is that post or pre-wash? lol....I jest...very nice...looks glossy!

I know I parked a mile from the kerb!!! Very quiet where I was so no problem with wardens bringing out the tape measure. lol

Hey SJW is that post or pre-wash? lol....I jest...very nice...looks glossy!

Hey Moonlight - that photo was after rinse/ shampoo - snow foam wash and rinse and dried/leathered off. No wax/sealants or any other treatment. Elbow grease only. I washed the car on sunday and some wax/sealants arrived this morning which should have come on saturday. Anyway, I had a bit of time this late afternoon to put some on. Results are in the set of four photos. Will have a proper go at detailing when I am in the mood. Need to get some wheel cleaner - run out!!! :-(

Reactions: MiT
great finish even with very little product. It also looks a lot brighter than mine. lol.

MiT, my body is suffering for it (ache like crazy) plus I burnt my forearm, neck and right ear on sunday!!! lol.

Thanks for the heads up on wheel cleaner. Will have a look in a minute when I've grabbed a beer from the fridge.
Just had a look. That Iron-X looks pretty good stuff. May have to hold my nose when applying!!! haha.

I'm hoping some of the photos we post will help people with their decision regarding amalfi white especially how it comes across in different light conditions.

Last edited:
MiT, my body is suffering for it (ache like crazy) plus I burnt my forearm, neck and right ear on sunday!!! lol.

Thanks for the heads up on wheel cleaner. Will have a look in a minute when I've grabbed a beer from the fridge.
Just had a look. That Iron-X looks pretty good stuff. May have to hold my nose when applying!!! haha.

I'm hoping some of the photos we post will help people with their decision regarding amalfi white especially how it comes across in different light conditions.

haha yeah, detailing is a work out on its own, and sometimes the sun just doesn't help. (am not moaning, rather have it :) )

This is the other thread i was thinking about, some good ideas from it, also in Amalfi white. i have same same Werkstat kit (prime, jet, gloss). Audi A1 S-Line Detail - Detailing World

yeah i so struggled when making the choice, not many on the road and all the Audi showroom's had brilliant red or glacier white.

Really looking forwarding to cleaning my car now, (how sad am i)

yeah i so struggled when making the choice, not many on the road and all the Audi showroom's had brilliant red or glacier white.

Really looking forwarding to cleaning my car now, (how sad am i)

I had the same problem with colour choice. The Amalfi is not as cream as some people believe it to be. i originally thought it was but have now changed that view. Nothing sad in taking pride in your car MiT.

Bit of an unfortunate number plate ending "UGH" I hope you did not choose it????

Wiki dictionary definition = Ugh—what's this disgusting object?".

P.S but does not detract from a great car....just love the DRL's

I quite like it sounds like the noise someone would make after a good body shot!

Spent about 4-5 cleaning the car on sat, it went from cream to white :)

Dirty car:

_1070749_zps58c67b29.jpg

_1070748_zpsb0c426eb.jpg

_1070747_zps147f0836.jpg

_1070746_zps3d6cba97.jpg

_1070744_zps10208cf5.jpg

_1070743_zps7f0cae04.jpg

Clean car:

_1070763_zpsb5612fad.jpg

_1070762_zps7fa2225c.jpg

_1070761_zps4b8b617d.jpg

P1070759_zpsf764df14.jpg

_1070758_zpsb47fcff7.jpg

_1070757_zps5e42c7e7.jpg

_1070751_zps3a5ed71f.jpg

Extra pics:

_1070755_zps995e13da.jpg

_1070753_zps3a461787.jpg

_1070750_zps5ddb26f3.jpg

Looking good. Did you use Redex on the wheels? Would also be interested in what cleaning regime you used for the wheels, including brush sizes used as heard the part polished 18's are a real pain to clean.

Looking good. Did you use Redex on the wheels? Would also be interested in what cleaning regime you used for the wheels, including brush sizes used as heard the part polished 18's are a real pain to clean.

will write one up at some point, but to answer you question i used auto finesse iron out with a EZ large detailing brush, then used the wash mitt after with the normal wash, and sealed with FinishKare 1000P Hi-Temp sealent after.

Looks alot better now MiT.

I took delivery of my Iron-X and Tar-X today. Will give the alloys and the underside of the side skirts a good seeing to as I collected quite a bit of tar on the side-skirts . I am going to see which works (least agitation) better on the heavy tar dried splatter, Tardis or the Tar-X. In the detailing section I was told both will do the job very well but the Tardis works out to be cheaper per unit/measure. Did you use the Tardis the other day?

Looks alot better now MiT.

I took delivery of my Iron-X and Tar-X today. Will give the alloys and the underside of the side skirts a good seeing to as I collected quite a bit of tar on the side-skirts . I am going to see which works (least agitation) better on the heavy tar dried splatter, Tardis or the Tar-X. In the detailing section I was told both will do the job very well but the Tardis works out to be cheaper per unit/measure. Did you use the Tardis the other day?

defo does :)

yeah i used Tardis, but i struggled with some bugs stuck to the car, so looking at getting Auto finesse citrus power and giving that a go. But Tardis need help. Drove to Leicester the other day, 2 hours in total there and back, when i got home i used some Tardis again to remove what i could, but same again some bugs still there. I hate bugs!

I have one bottle of Wax Tecs Citrus Cleanse left which is very similar and once its gone no more stock left so if you want it then let me know.............massive clearance sale just now due to better range opportunities.

Wow serious before and after shots, looks like two different cars- amazing

and just for comparison:

My car, BMW 3 series, and BMW 1 series all in white.
Just so you can compare colour.

I was just lucky that there was a spot free at work, so i just parked up :)

20130612_131539_1_zpse5611841.jpg

Last edited:
What cleaning products do you use? And what is the stuff on the alloys?

i used
Pre-wash - Snow Foam Lance with Valet Pro - Advanced Neutral Snow Foam (1Ltr), used a Valet Pro - Inch Round Wheel Brush on and around the wheels and badges to make sure it got in the little place
Wash - Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo Car Shampoo with a lamb wash mitt, using the two bucket method
On wheels- then on the wheels i also used auto finesse iron out with a large EZ detailing brush
Car - Autosmart tardis
Werkstat Acrylic kit (Prime / Gloss / Acrylic) - yeah i had to go round the car three times buffing!
I then finished the wheels with FinishKare 1000P Hi-Temp Sealant
Normal window cleaner (i do need to get something better)

I also have Valet Pro - Bilberry Wheel Cleaner (1 litre), which i have bought but not used yet. This will be with my every so often wash. The above is normally every 6 months or so, to protect the car.
I am also tempted to get auto finesse citrus power for the bugs on the front of the car.

Wow serious before and after shots, looks like two different cars- amazing

thanks dude

Reactions: brad9753
Excellent thanks, have already added most of these to my Amazon wishlish! The only problem is the snow foam. Have a pressure washer, but I don't think it has a bit where you can use that stuff. Hope there is a universal one that clips on that I can get.

I also have the AutoGym option and I understand I get some cleaning products with that, but not sure what that consists of. Any body know?

Excellent thanks, have already added most of these to my Amazon wishlish! The only problem is the snow foam. Have a pressure washer, but I don't think it has a bit where you can use that stuff. Hope there is a universal one that clips on that I can get.

i don't think most pressure washers have them, mine came with a basic bottle but the snow foam it self part about £45-£50, you get different attachments to make it fit your model of pressure washer. Example: PA Foam Lance | Pre-Wash Foaming Tool For Pressure Washers another example: Snow Foam Lance - Clean Your Car

I also have the AutoGym option and I understand I get some cleaning products with that, but not sure what that consists of. Any body know?[/QUOTE]

And do you have the AutoGlym LifeShine protection?
nope, never heard of it. just googled it and I wouldn't bother with it, its a company car.

i normally do my research on the Europes Largest Resource for Detailers, Valeters and Car Cleaning forum. it might give you some tips, thats where i learnt everything from.

good luck with it all :)

Popped by my local Audi dealer today to show my wife the Amalfi White colour I had chosen. There were two A1's in the car park in Cream. I asked the Sales bod if they had any cars in Amalfi White he said yes those two your looking at :ohmy:. The above posted photo's show the colour as off white which is nice. Today the light was very grey from an overcast sky which Ive read shows the colour off as cream. Whilst I was surprised by how cream it appeared im sticking with Amalfi over red or black.
The a1's did not have the chrome window trims that my A3 SB Sport will have. Further still the above photos of blacked out windows really contrast nicely with the colour.

Fluges

Reactions: SJW and MiT
Here's a quick snap of my Amalfi 3 door...
A3 S Line Amalfi

Attachments

• 10760931574_4348e0507d_m.jpg
    10760931574_4348e0507d_m.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 1,435
Reactions: scathro91 and SJW
This is exactly what I have on order....looks amazing was worried about the Amalfi White looking too creamy but didnt want to pay extra for the other whites so stuck with Amalfi....I hope its here before Christmas.....Fingers Crossed

All together now...I'm dreaming of an Amalfi White Christmas.....

Spotted one this morning..must have just left the car wash or showroom..was spotless..was tempted to wave but didn't ...twas very pleasing on the eye

All together now...I'm dreaming of an Amalfi White Christmas.....

Spotted one this morning..must have just left the car wash or showroom..was spotless..was tempted to wave but didn't ...twas very pleasing on the eye

I keep seeing Audis everywhere :( and my friend has decided to get a GTI in Candy White jealous he has got a new car before me!!