Am i right ?

Turkster

W.Bro.Paul 2.0d Q5 Quattro
Reaction score
Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
Website
www.facebook.com
my cars had a clunking sound down the front drivers side for a while now, Iv hunted for it and replaced the 2 top wish bone arms and the lower 2, under inspection i noticed the spring had snapped at the bottom, so i got a new spring OEM part from Audi, and took it to a VW Audi indi to have it fitted for £60,

had it fitted and the clunk is still there and now there is a rattle, my 1st views was the shock was stuffed and now the new spring was fitted it was exposing that fact,

so i take the car back and offered them the job of finding the clunk and fixing it, they had the car for a day, and came back with nothing, i asked them how the shock was when they did the spring, they said it was ok, so we all scratched our heads and i took the car back and they said bring it back after the easter hols,

so for 2 weeks ive been driving the car about rattling and clunking,

So on monday im planning to take the car into Audi for its yearly oil service, happy days,
I take the car in and they call me up saying that there is a rattle and a clunk, i told them yep, you find it you fix it,

they came back with sounds like top mount and shocks lose on the top nut, so i cleared the ok to fix it,

Audi Take off the old one and call me, The nut on the top of the old shock was as lose as a hookers fanny, and was on the last threads and about to come off, hence the rattle, but the rattle had caused the shock to be so lose in the top mount that the bottom threads have been warn off by the constant rubbing against the top mount, The top mount has now got an oval shape hole where the shock has been rattling about in there,

So because the indie has not tightened up the top nut its caused the shock and top mount to damage each other,

Anyway Audi have fixed the car and put it back together and the clunk is still there, so im back to sq 1 and £200 lighter because the indie has stuffed up the shock threads and the top mount because they did not tighten it up fully,

So what should i do from here, Bill the indie the £200 for there stuff up or let them find the clunk and fix it for free, but im now not sure about letting them touch my car again, Or am i going to get told to get stuffed?

Audi will back up my claim and i have the old shock and top mount in the boot of my car as evidence to show them.

your views please lads as i'm the type of guy who will buy a tenners worth of petrol and deposit it all in there workshop,

go back to them and explain what happened show them the shock etc and say audi are ready to back you up, it was a potentially lethal mistake, if you had been doing 80 on the mway or giving it a bit of stick round a bend and it had collapsed... doesnt bear thinking about

if they tell you to f off then try trading standards, most companies brick it once theyre involved

you should be able to recover all costs of finding and fixing their **** up including audis labour charges!

but as you say i would not trust them with your car again and either find a reputable indie and fully explain whats gone on so they know not to **** you around or leave it with audi

thats how i would proceed in your situation anyway mate

Well iv been back to them today and they are refunding me the £200 that Audi have charged me, they was rather embarissed and i did not have to threaten them in any way shape or form, so a good result, I did allow them to re-claim there good name by letting them continue to find the srange knock that im getting, all work done by them is now going to be double cheeked by me on a set of there ramps before i take the car back,

Well iv been back to them today and they are refunding me the £200 that Audi have charged me, they was rather embarissed and i did not have to threaten them in any way shape or form, so a good result, I did allow them to re-claim there good name by letting them continue to find the srange knock that im getting, all work done by them is now going to be double cheeked by me on a set of there ramps before i take the car back,

Good job, not many companies would openly admit to have made a mistake and to follow up with a refund!

Good job, not many companies would openly admit to have made a mistake and to follow up with a refund!

I can sometimes have an ora about me that gives off the perception that im not to be tested, i used to be a debt collector for underworld in London when i was in my early 20's,

38892fa8.jpg

59832015.jpg

a98de924.jpg

9247ca55.jpg

as strange as it may seem, they was the 1st words out of my mouth when i see them too!

Ha i would of bounced them bits off the blokes head that caused that kind of damadge, do these muppets not understand how dangerous poor practice is.

I had some shoking work done on my car, had the single mass conversion and clutch done at a reputable company, all my family use them.
c1bd1a82.jpg
they never tightend the mount up properly and it sheered straight out. Gearbox dropped off ripping my drive shaft gaiter. But luckily no serious damadge done.

well if the front corner had given way whilst i was driving on the M1 at (cough) 70MPH then there could be some very serious questions being asked to them by a lawyer and police id think, let alone me in a dark room with a scalpul in hand............yes im a dark soul.

I had some shoking work done on my car, had the single mass conversion and clutch done at a reputable company, all my family use them.
c1bd1a82.jpg
they never tightend the mount up properly and it sheered straight out. Gearbox dropped off ripping my drive shaft gaiter. But luckily no serious damadge done.

wow, holy **** up the bum!