Am I Going Mad?

John @ DW

Reaction score
Website
www.designerwheels.co.uk
Right, I have been struggling with myself (not like that!!) over this wheel. Is it so terrible it is unbelievable or is it so fantastic it beggars belief?
When I first saw it I thought it was hidious, but now after seeing the S3 on Porsche wheels with white centres I am thinking it is amazing!! HELP! I like white wheels!!

thunderwhitehrsmallin5.jpg

What do you guys think?

Cant see this on an S3 to be honest, but only one way to tell, get Photoshop out & see what it looks like

How big would you have these wheels? how wide, im guessing your car is black? is it lowered etc?

erm, you'd have to be extremely careful what colour car they went on..... im not sure they would look right on black (but MORE right than on a silver)...on the Nogaro they would look the nuts IMO

How big would you have these wheels? how wide, im guessing your car is black? is it lowered etc?

I'm not plannig on putting these on my car, I am putting some 2 piece forged 5 spokes on (nice!!). I got these details in from Momo and thought they would be aweful, but now I don't know. I just wanted to see what people think.
On a dark S3 in 18s with the suspension on the deck they could look the dogs danglies.

On a dark S3 in 18s with the suspension on the deck they could look the dogs danglies.

Definatly agree with you there mate, seen a few black cars with white wheels.. does look good, but definatly has to be the right type of alloy and the right shade of white!
I was thinkin about changing my wheels a little while ago, Fuel 6 alloys, black center and white deep dish to match the car. These are 19s so couldnt go down.. but i think the thick 5 spoke does look abit tuffer...

Hi, is this what you're after?
whitewheelsws7.jpg

darkwheelsms2.jpg

Cheers

Skye-S3

white is for motorsport, stick to grey and black IMO

White porche wheels looks really good!

cant make my mind up, silver long term....white looks really nice but may be a short term solution to your happiness:)

Black is a definate no no....
The white i think look really good, but may regret later....
The Silver i think look spot on, the car looks smart and is sitting at a nice height....don't ruin it !!!
:applaus:

As I said mate. silver all the way, black is just to much, no contrast, white kinda makes it look boy racerish no disrespect to others but its personal opinion, silver just makes it look just right mate to be honest, depends on you at end of day, but it looks like more of an s3 with silver & the contrast is perfect I believe, but did you check those elitedirect wheels I linked, they would have been great with the slightest hint of charcoal black interiors & silver diamond cut fascia.

2 of my wheels are due a refurb, so I'm thinking of a colour change if I do them, the White look wasn't my first choice, but seeing the pics have got me thinking... the black look was for the stealth look... hmmm.... I have until June to decide.